JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Yes it does kind of smell fishy... Really weird smelling...
Another smell of the anal gland is the stink bug smell. It's possible that the gland expresses itself but is not coming out with the poop? I will notice a wee bit of liquid from Jack after he goes and it's at the tail end of his poop. Is he really 'squirting' poop? The expression itself is brown and can be liquidity or a bit thicker. Wilson can be more thicker like a substance. Yes it's disgusting, the smell is gross but I just do it and 60 seconds I'm done. Simple as that.

Sounds like he needs to be expressed. :up:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Okay, so Finn let out a squirt last night...extremely FISHY in scent. Does this mean I should get his anal glands expressed further or is what he did sufficient? he has been wanting to chase his "tail" for the last month or so and i thought it was the cyst between his back paw that was bothering him. Also, he just had the anals done less than 2ks ago at the vet's...can they fill up this quickly again? I too will pay to get this done! :)

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Just a question. Do all bullies eventually need their anal glands expressed? Chums never had it done.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I express Lily's glands when needed -same with Shy -but with her is every few weeks -not a nice thing especially when driving long distance and Lily leak all over my trousers

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just a question. Do all bullies eventually need their anal glands expressed? Chums never had it done.
No.... It is based on the dog regardless of breed

Most Reactions