Other Skin issue happens overnight

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Griz is very susceptible to environmental allergies. It looks like this after 48 hours. even with all my tried and true tricks. Griz is my little sensitive little fella.
5 bully's and he's the one with the skin problems like nobody else. at first sight I gave him his Benadryl & his special Pyoben bath. I'm considering making a paste of baking soda and peroxide to dry these suckers up. tonight when I got home from work, his tail was missing clumps of hair and the pack had obviously been licking it.
Next stop, the vet. Friday at 2:40
Last time there we discussed a last resort, steroids
NOOOOOO:cry:

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg you can see his coat is otherwise healthy. I work so hard at keeping them in good condition. :mad:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Black or green tea works great for these things. Steep the tea and leave the bag in until its cool. Then use the tea bag itself as a swab to clean the area.

These poor babies. Tankers whole head turned into a hotspot almost overnight. It broke my heart to see him bleeding and scabby like that.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
OUch ..... although his tail looks the worst and if thats only because the others have been licking at it then I wouldn't resort to steroids just yet. They are just so hard on a bullys body!!! :nope:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Poor Griz, when my Catahoula got bit or stung on his cheek, the other 2 dogs
licked it until his entire cheek was a horrible, open wound (we had been gone).
I rushed him to the Vet and he put a new ointment that was a miracle! I can call
them for the name, it worked unbelievably fast, Verimyicin would be great too.

Cami, after no sign of doing this, the 2 & 1/2 months I've had her, has suddenly
chewed her feet up! I am doing all you've suggested & more for allergies & itchiness
but she is still adjusting to these allergens up here and so we're just doing all we can.

It is amazing the damage in just a few hours...will pray for Griz & all y'all...GOD bless!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ouchie! Sweet Griz, hope you feel better soon!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Black or green tea works great for these things. Steep the tea and leave the bag in until its cool. Then use the tea bag itself as a swab to clean the area.

These poor babies. Tankers whole head turned into a hotspot almost overnight. It broke my heart to see him bleeding and scabby like that.

I'm going to give this a try, I made the vet appointment because of his tail. If we get the tail better today, I can cancel the appt. Thanks Bev

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
well, it does look better today, I've been putting Desitin on the tail and scabs , but now he's got an ear issue, shaking his head, guess they were licking in his ear too. we'll keep the appointment for the ear anyhow, I've been on top of the skin and being home will keep the others off his tail and ear. see what tonight and tomorrow brings,

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
well, it does look better today, I've been putting Desitin on the tail and scabs , but now he's got an ear issue, shaking his head, guess they were licking in his ear too. we'll keep the appointment for the ear anyhow, I've been on top of the skin and being home will keep the others off his tail and ear. see what tonight and tomorrow brings,

fingers crossed!!!

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Having a change of heart, I'm going to cancel the vet appt. I have 4 days home with which to get him better, I need to practice what I always preach. I know what best for his health & I DON'T want this boy on antibiotics or steroids and that's all the vet will do. I've got a cabinet full of things in which to heal him with and I can stay on top of it. I started him on vitamin c today. and gave him some human grade fish oil. Keeping him on Benedryl, Desitin on the tail and started an ear flush. I will repost pictures on Sunday with the results. Please keep Griz in your prayers

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor boy, hope he gets better soon.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Ouch, poor Griz. Sounds like you are on the right track and he is on the mend.

I love his red color, and his coat is so shiny! If he still has trace sores when you go back to work maybe separate him from the rest of the pack.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] :hug: and :praying: to you and Griz!! Poor baby, damn allergies

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ouch, poor Griz. Sounds like you are on the right track and he is on the mend.

I love his red color, and his coat is so shiny! If he still has trace sores when you go back to work maybe separate him from the rest of the pack.

that's a great idea Alice , why is it hard to think straight when it happens to ourselves ?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my dear sherry i hope griz is healing up and yea you can do this. :hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.