Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Hi all. Brie is going in for her spay procedure tomorrow. (paws crossed all goes well. :pray:) I'm not sure if I'll be able to bring her home tomorrow evening or if they will keep her over night. My question is, are there any suggestions, tips, do's or dont's related to a bully? Cheers for your help!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ohhhh! I know you must be nervous! I have a male...I think the girlies spend the night..but I'm not sure! Make sure they use Isoflourane Gas to anesthisize her..safest for Bully's! I will tag someone who knows wayyyy more than me! Good luck and please come tell us when she's all done!
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Isofloraine gas only, keep the area clean but let it buger and scab, no products at all... Preferably stitches not self adhesive kind. If you must clean it use saline solution. She will likely not be able to reach the area. So the cone of shame can be removed with supervision after you leave the vets office.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Praying all goes well with your sweet baby...GOD bless!

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Thank you for the info! They are keeping her overnight to make sure things go and stay ok. I'm a nervous wreck lol I'm dying to call to check on get and they haven't even done anything yet! She can't reach her privates, I usually lean them w wipes so after a quick pic of the shame cone, I'll take it off. Do I need to keep her in her crate for the recovery I've you think? (Aside from bathroom breaks, of course)... She is a jumper n a romper n I'm afraid she might hurt herself? I obviously would be spending A LOT of time in the room with her alone out of her crate. I'm just afraid to pick her up..ugh..I'm a mess! :*(

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great advise above already. I would try to keep her quiet for about 10 days, and no jumping. That's the hard part, keeping them quiet. I hope everything goes good for her.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Good luck to little Ms Brie on her spayng and a speedy recovery

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Called vets office to check on my lil fathead. They said they were prepping her for surgery as we spoke and that she was being so sweet. (She tends to be VERY vocal when you do something to her she does not like.) They also said they were proud of me for waiting as long as I did to call! Ha ha!

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Finally heard back from the vet! Brie is doing well and in the recovery area. Her spay went w out a hitch. They did see that her soft palate was long and really fat so they fixed that too. I can pick her up tomorrow if all goes well tonight. They suggested I mix a little wet food in w her dry as she will have issues w pain swallowing for up to 10 days so I went out n bought some Fromm gold wet food to mix in. I am so incredibly relieved she is doing ok! :whew: Thank you everyone from the support!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
That is wonderful news. I am glad to hear she is recovering well.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Finally heard back from the vet! Brie is doing well and in the recovery area. Her spay went w out a hitch. They did see that her soft palate was long and really fat so they fixed that too. I can pick her up tomorrow if all goes well tonight. They suggested I mix a little wet food in w her dry as she will have issues w pain swallowing for up to 10 days so I went out n bought some Fromm gold wet food to mix in. I am so incredibly relieved she is doing ok! :whew: Thank you everyone from the support!!

so happy to hear all went well with her procedure!

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Ugh! Me too! I've been a wreck even tho I knew she would be ok. Now to just hear from them today so we can bring her home! I barely slept last nite cos I didn't have her near me. Lol

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I brought my Briebear home finally! Poor thing, she is not doing well w the cone. But she is home!

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Brie, resting.

Attachments