OTC solution for dry eye

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
So mack has been diagnosed with dry eye in just his left eye. We have a Rx drop to put it 3x per day. To be perfectly honest, we have been doing it twice a day and have seen a huge improvement. But between his medicated baths, most expensive allergy OTC option, ACV, coconut oil and expensive dog food, if at all possible I would like to try and find a cheaper solution.

Logic says that humans get dry eyes and buy drops over the counter, so is there something comparable that I could buy for mack instead of the Rx from the vet? I would really appreciate any input.

My boyfriend was joking that Mack needs to get a job bc he is so much more expensive each month than the pitbull :mad:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
I have one that has dry eye also and we use GenTeal gel twice a day once in the am and then again at bedtime it seems to work great for her. She has some major heart issues so I use extreme caustion when giving her anything Thats why our vet recommended these drops for her.

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Where can I get them?

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I just saw they are available at walmart and walgreens, that is great news, I will call the vet and see what she says. Thank you so much!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online