Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Does anyone recognize this

@matzwd hi there. Mia recently had a red spot on her belly so I had done a little research. Hers went away in a few days, and there was no hair loss. Her's just turned out to be a black fly bite. With the hair loss a factor in this situation I'm thinking possibly ringworm. Is it anywhere else?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aunt Clara
    Likes (Received)

No, Karen, just right on top of her head. I think you might just have hit the nail on the head too. I googled ringworm, and it certainly looks like the descriptions and the photos. I think I see some slight pinks around the periphery under the hair that remains around the bump. I think I'm going to try some miconazole too see if it starts improving.

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3
    Last edited by matzwd; 07-02-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Morning, I'd be suprised if that's the only spot, check the paw/ leg area for signs of thick skin, it looks like a form of dermatitis . Pyoben shampoo and benedryl to dry it up. but check real close for other raised thickened areas fo skin. feet/legs and near the tail too
    Please keep me posted
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aunt Clara
    Likes (Received)

Thanks you, Sherry. Upon close inspection of the whole of Clara, I did find one other tiny spot on a rear leg that is missing a little bigger than a pinpoint of fur. I don't see any scaling there yet, but this is how the one on top of her head started. I'll make sure I treat any areas that look suspicious as well as bathing her with an antifungal shampoo.

Thanks to everyone who attempted to help me figure out what this might be. I'm going to try the shampoo and miconazole and take her to the vet if that doesn't help.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by matzwd View Post
    No, Karen, just right on top of her head. I think you might just have hit the nail on the head too. I googled ringworm, and it certainly looks like the descriptions and the photos. I think I see some slight pinks around the periphery under the hair that remains around the bump. I think I'm going to try some miconazole too see if it starts improving.

FYI - If it is ringworm, it is contageous to others - people too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads