Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Question regarding supplements/vitamins

Quote Originally Posted by Lily122511 View Post
    I have Lily on a joint supplement for some time now. (Dasuquin w/ MSM)
    She is a year and a half and doing great.
    I have been thinking about giving her something more because I home feed her. ( She does get kibble occasionaly)
    Should I do a multi-vitamin plus her joint supplement or do a all in one such as Hardy Pet Complete?
    I'm a little confused because the Hardy Pet doesn't have the MSM & Glucosamine.
    I can't give her salmon oil because she is allergic to slamon.
    Any info would be great.

Thanks!
    Since you are home cooking you absolutely should add a multi vitamin. NuVet is a great option, a lot of people here use that. I personally like Vetri-Science Canine Plus. The description from their website is...

Vetri-Science® Laboratories’ Canine Plus Bite-Sized Chews are a complete multi-vitamin/mineral formula that also includes digestive enzymes and fatty acids to support dogs of all ages and all breeds. Specifically formulated with a balance of amino acids, vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, digestive enzymes, antioxidants and other factors, Canine Plus Chews are designed to help maintain the overall physical well-being of your dog. For rapid conditioning of sick or post-operative dogs and the maintenance of optimal health in other dogs and puppies of all sizes, breeds and ages, Canine Plus incorporates over 55 synergistic factors not always found in ordinary dog foods or supplements. The inclusion of water and fat soluble vitamins like A, C, D and E and a complete Stress B complex helps to support general immune system, cardiovascular, and circulatory and mental health, while digestive enzymes support proper utilization of factors from the diet. Omega 6 fatty acids support skin and coat health, and antioxidants support the immune system

As for the fish oil, there are options other than salmon oil. You can use a Pollock oil like I do or an Omega oil made from anchovies and sardines.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lily122511 View Post
    Thanks for the info! Regarding the fish oil without the salmon do you know if that's in pill form or liquid form?
    And if I give her the fish oil would I still need to do a multivitamin? Sorry for all the questions, this is all new to me.
    The fish oil is in liquid gel cap form. So I puncture the cap and squirt the fish oil on their food. Omega-3s are great for their joints too, as I've read here.

Twice and the others gave you great advice. I feed raw and only give fish oil daily. But then again, the boys get bovine colostrum powder whenever it's 'beef' day. It's sorta like a vitamin that helps boost their immune system.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    Since you are home cooking you absolutely should add a multi vitamin. NuVet is a great option, a lot of people here use that. I personally like Vetri-Science Canine Plus. The description from their website is...

Vetri-Science® Laboratories’ Canine Plus Bite-Sized Chews are a complete multi-vitamin/mineral formula that also includes digestive enzymes and fatty acids to support dogs of all ages and all breeds. Specifically formulated with a balance of amino acids, vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, digestive enzymes, antioxidants and other factors, Canine Plus Chews are designed to help maintain the overall physical well-being of your dog. For rapid conditioning of sick or post-operative dogs and the maintenance of optimal health in other dogs and puppies of all sizes, breeds and ages, Canine Plus incorporates over 55 synergistic factors not always found in ordinary dog foods or supplements. The inclusion of water and fat soluble vitamins like A, C, D and E and a complete Stress B complex helps to support general immune system, cardiovascular, and circulatory and mental health, while digestive enzymes support proper utilization of factors from the diet. Omega 6 fatty acids support skin and coat health, and antioxidants support the immune system

As for the fish oil, there are options other than salmon oil. You can use a Pollock oil like I do or an Omega oil made from anchovies and sardines.
    Twice, thanks so much for great advice. Vetri-Science Canine Plus sounds like something I would like to try.
    I going to look in to it tonight after work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads