Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
I am SO sorry that you and Buddy are going through this! Seems like your vet is not as responsive as he/she should be.

I will say that when I took my Samson to get neutered, my vet told me Samson was very 'vascular' in that area. Samson was traumatized from being at the vet from then on. They tried to hand feed but he would not eat a thing...not even a cheeseburger. he was so depressed. He would have anxiety attacks when we would go to the vet.

Your Buddy may have anxiety now...I hope not and I hope he is over the hump and gets back to his normal self in no time~!

OP
H

hero4u

Jul 11, 2012
Palm Beach county Fl. ( Delray Beach)
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thank you Valentine. I took Buddy to get his suchures removed yesterday. He seems much better. When I brought him home after being in the hospital for 9 days he was in sad shape.. He lost 5 lbs Didn't want to eat.. I had to hand feed him his kibble and offer him cheese. peanut butter on slices of banana. ANYTHING to get him up and back to being himself.He was sleeping all the time and ofcourse those 2 episodes of falling over and urinating. I finally was able to bath him last night and seems much much better but I will be observing him closely to see if there are any more of those episodes.. Thanks everyone for your support.. Gary and Buddy

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
I'm so sorry you had to go through all this. I'm so peeved off about these vets that cut open our dogs without thinking of other possible solutions :cursing:... I totally agree with you, it's all about the $$$ with some of these guys. Ulysses it's absolutely terrified of the vet since we had a bad experience with a new vet after we moved last year, she was unkind to him and us, before her he used to love to go to his first vet, now he starts to nearly hyperventilate, it's just awful. I really hope with all my heart that Buddy feels better soon, poor baby had to go through so much, the neutering is already one thing but all the post-op madness it's just horrible, and I'm sorry but dripping blood it is never normal, specially for 11 days?!! I think you should look for a new doctor, someones who cares more about you and your Buddy.

Ulysses has also had pee issues and I have been giving him a cranberry pill everyday already for a month or so and it has worked wonders.... Lots of good energy going your way so that Buddy goes back to his old healthy self :pray:

OP
H

hero4u

Jul 11, 2012
Palm Beach county Fl. ( Delray Beach)
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thanks Maife. Buddy had his suchures removed yesterday and I finally got to bath him last night after about a month I think it has been. He seems much better but is still sleeping more than regular. Almost like when he was a young puppy.. Up for an hour sleep for 2.. Appreicate all the support.. Gary and Buddy

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thanks Maife. Buddy had his suchures removed yesterday and I finally got to bath him last night after about a month I think it has been. He seems much better but is still sleeping more than regular. Almost like when he was a young puppy.. Up for an hour sleep for 2.. Appreicate all the support.. Gary and Buddy

I know for us ANY surgery no matter how minor leaves us weaker and needing rest.

It's probably the same for animals especially when traumatic and Buddy lost a lot
​of blood, that takes time to build up to good. GOD's blessings on y'all!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.