not sure what this is help!

nikedunks00

Feb 21, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
chunk
i noticed he would scratch with his hind leg and saw this he has missing hair in that area
and not sure what it is doesn't seem to hurt him and the itching has stopped he doesn't scratch it as much not sure what to do ar waht it is any help would be appreciated thanks in advanced

update!!!
so at the time of the vet visit where i was told he had a hotspot i was on vacation with family so couldn't go to my vet. it seems the spot never cleared and weeks went by so when i got home i went to my normal vet and he told me he chunk had demodex mange he gave me ivermectin and a antibiotic for the wound he seems to be doing better the only thing is that what can i do to help with the missing hair is their anything i can give him to help with the missing hair? any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 189
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 188
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 180
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This looks like it could be a skin infection....or possibly mange, I would certainly see the vet because it will likely get worse. Its s pretty big size area. Your vet may do a skin scrape to rule out mange.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Food allergy maybe...hot spot......ringworm....a visit to the vet is the best thing. Could also be yeast.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Mack recently had a skin infection, I came home from work and he had scratched him self raw on his chest. It looked way worse then it was bc there was dried blood and dirt all around the lesion, but I panicked and took him to the closest vet...turned out to be allergies compounding causing a whole bunch of other issues. 200 dollars worth of meds ti be exact. Will post separately about that but just wanted to let you know he just given a medicated shampoo so that was an in expensive ailment. Unless the steroids were also for that as well...but those are cheap too

Side note, after thinking about it, I dint even think he can reach the spot he scratched raw and I am still dumbfounded as to how he did it!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
i noticed he would scratch with his hind leg and saw this he has missing hair in that area
and not sure what it is doesn't seem to hurt him and the itching has stopped he doesn't scratch it as much not sure what to do ar waht it is any help would be appreciated thanks in advanced

Definitely go the vet and please let us know what they say.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
not sure what that is, but I would get a vet appoinment before it gets worse. Please let us know what it is and how your boy is doing

OP
N

nikedunks00

Feb 21, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
chunk
so here is a update on chunk it was a hotspot and here are the new pics as of today only thing not sure is how long to hotspot last with treatment forgot to ask my vet

Attachments

• IMG_20130712_202149.jpg
    IMG_20130712_202149.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20130712_202154.jpg
    IMG_20130712_202154.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 138

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
once the area is shaved and anti biotics are given and i suppose cream or whatever else they gave you it will heal up rather quickly like a week or so for such a big spot. i have a sticky at the top of this thread called hot spots the bad and ugly of it if you want to take a gander.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
ouch, if he's on antibiotics about two weeks, did you get a shampoo for him too? hotspots heal by drying them up,

OP
N

nikedunks00

Feb 21, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
chunk
i wasn't given any shampoo i was given antibiotics i was also given a spray but i thought that it had to be dry to heal so how will it work with the spray?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
i wasn't given any shampoo i was given antibiotics i was also given a spray but i thought that it had to be dry to heal so how will it work with the spray?

do what your vet has given you and [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] has experience with bad hotspots, she has a thread you should look at, good info

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
you can use the spray it will only wet it for a minute then dry and im assuming its a bacterial spray and will help it heal faster. you wouldnt want to use like an ointment on it. i used hibiclenz soap on sarahs to help it heal faster.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.