Time to get Maybelle spayed - OVH or OVE?

lthegreat

Mar 30, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybelle
So it's been 3 months now since we've had Maybelle, and every day is an adventure!! lol She is pretty much fully potty trained now other than the random pee accident here or there. The next hurdle is getting her spayed, which is scheduled for July 8th.

We are not sure to go the traditional OVH route or the newer OVE. From what I hear OVE just sounds like it's better for her and the recovery time is a lot quicker, but the price is double. Should we just bite the bullet and pay the extra for OVE or will the traditional OVH spaying be alright for her?

Some recent pictures, she is 22 weeks now!
photo 3.JPGphoto 1.jpgphoto 2.JPG

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 93

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well first, your baby girl is beautiful. I don't have any experience with the new procedure OVE. All of mine have had the OVH and the last time we had one spayed they were done the traditional way OVH. So I would just talk to several vets and get their opinion.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have not had the new one done either, wish I could help.

Maybelle is a doll!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Until you brought this up I didn't even know there was an alternative offered. So I did what I do and did some searching to read up on it.

What doesn't make sense to me is why the less invasive OVE procedure would cost twice as much as the traditional OVH. Seems to me it should be the other way around.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.