Liquid Band aid?

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Does anyone know if its ok to use one of those liquid band aid type things on our bullies? Aubie has what looks like acne on her chin that she's busted open rubbing on the floor and toys when she's playing. It keeps bleeding and won't heal because she's always hitting it on something while playing, so I need something to help keep it safe so it can heal. If not liquid bandage, any ideas?? My girl's rough and tough and just doesn't care, but I know it needs to heal so it doesn't get infected.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I have no idea! But it might really burn..and maybe inhibit healing?? Poor baby! Do you have Duoxo wipes? They have always worked on Jakes assorted bumps and sores. I bet someone here will know more than me...:ROFL: which is nothing, as you can see from my answer!

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] - Yeah, I've never used it so I have no idea either! I just don't know what to do to keep it from busting open every time she hits it. I don't think she'd keep a band aid on :lol:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
we used liquid bandage on incisions already, but not on chin's , so I'm not sure what to make of it. to stop bleeding we have used corn starch but it doesn't help heal. triple antibiotic cream will work, I'd put it on just before bedtime or whenever you can catch her sleeping throughout the day/night , also we found that drying off the chin after each drink really help's to keep acne away

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.