Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Too much?

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    I use a cotton ball soaked in it, and many times I will stick the cotton ball up there and actually leave it there for about 10 minutes to let it soak in.

Baby wipes work awesome too because they are thinner and you can feel around better.

When you clean a tail pocket on a normal basis, what you see on your baby wipe should be more like this:
    http://youtu.be/aks-OGA7iuk

Maybe a few hairs or a little dirt, but there should be no gunk. I only clean ours out once a week and that is what I see. If it gets yucky I will do more but that only happens sometimes and rarely. Once you get the intial problem under control that is.

When I first found Molly's pocket it was sooooooo gross. It took some time to get it cleaned up and healthy again. I have also found pockets on some of my bulldogs after they got much older, where they had none as pups or young adults, so I didn't even think to check until they scooted. The hips change positions as they mature I came to find out, causing the pocket to increase in size, and found them in poor condition as well. Using the Malacetic Ultra cured them in just a few days. That reddish brown gunk is just plain gross and you know it makes them miserable!!!! It has to itch so bad.
    Great, thank you soooo much!! I am going to try this for a few days and see what happens!! I just hate the thought of having to put him on more meds!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren31287 View Post
    Great, thank you soooo much!! I am going to try this for a few days and see what happens!! I just hate the thought of having to put him on more meds!

I will be looking forward to hearing of Winstons progress. please keep us all posted!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    I will be looking forward to hearing of Winstons progress. please keep us all posted!
    I definitely will! Thanks so much again!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Lisa and Beverly have you covered..... good luck and I hope the food switch is going well
    Last edited by bullmama; 06-26-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Yes thanks to their help, Winston is already starting to look better!! I used the malacetic otic ultra last night and when I check him out this morning no more bleeding!!! So I have hope that a few days of treatment will get him back to normal! The food switch is going well so far it seems, he hasn't had any reaction to the pork and peas so that gives me hope! He absolutely loves it I know that, so fingers crossed this will be his new food! We are still on 3/4 old 1/4 new so I should have a better idea in a few days when we switch to half & half!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads