Other What a f*&%@#$ awful week we've had ......

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
so sorry :( hugs and more hugs.......at times it seems that some vets take advantage of "us" when it comes to our babies........they know we love them and care so much that we will do anything for them, this really PMO ......hope Linus heals quickly ...thinking about you!

RipleyandBentley

May 13, 2013
Brighton, Colorado
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Ripley Jaxon & Bentley Winston
Karen ~ so sorry to hear you are going through this with Linus... your story is very heart wrenching, I hope he gets better soon.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I don't know how you stayed so calm I would've went all ghetto hood on the vet and told them to kiss my back side if they thought I was paying for ANYTHING considering the danger they put Linus. I'm sorry you guys have had to endure all of this. Poor baby Linus. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers and Tubby sends you lots of hugs and sloppy kisses and of course butt wiggles

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Karen, I'm so sorry that you and Linus have had to go through this. My Mack had a piece of a humunga tongue in his colon for over a year, before it showed up on xrays. He ended up losing several inches of his colon. Please keep us updated.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh geez karen this just sucks for sure. i would have been irate to say the least. i sure hope things get better for your boy. i dont recall any of sarahs stitches from her operations having any seeping or oozing hope its nothing. :(

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor Linus, geez. You putting on there that you laid down in the doggie bed to be with him and trying not to cry is heartbreaking and makes me want to cry. I would have gone insane if they cut up my baby for nothing too!! I sincerely hope and pray that Linus get better quickly.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I was soooo hoping Linus was doing better by now, my gawd! :( heartbreaking. And the vets...... I would be beyond furious at them!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Karen, I've been interviewing like crazy these past few days and missed all of this until now. I am SO sorry that you and Linus had to go through this. How is he today? How are YOU today?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Karen that's just horrible what Linus had to go through but you guys surely didn't know. I would have been so livid and crushed as you are. When we're in these types of situations we do what we think is the BEST for our guys at that time. You're vet is to blame in my opinion.

How is Linus doing today? Have you had any more discussions with that vet or another? :hug: to you both.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
WOW, just wow. Poor guy. How's he feeling today?
I would of been livid too. Such an unnecessary procedure for him to have gone through. So the vet thought the grass and rice she saw on the X-ray was blockage??? That sounds crazy to me!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] how is your boy doing?

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Linus is doing much better but definitely not himself still. He is more comfortable when he walks but nothing like his normal bouncy self!! We are now allowed to cut him down from 6 meals a day to 4 times a day over the weekend. I still daren't give him kibble because I'm worried about how dry kibble would expand in his tummy so he is on fully home cooked. He's not arguing about that!!!
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] is there any foods I could give him with excellent healing properties. I worry about his tummy being cut open, his intestines being cut open as well as his skin to get to those internal organs. I need all these wounds to heal as quickly inside and outside!! :*(

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Karen I hope you can get some snuggle time in with Linus now that the weekend is finally here, that's the best healing. I am so sorry for everything you have had to go through this week. Take care.

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
Poor Linus!! I hope he heals quickly. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hopefully next week will be much better!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.