Supplements,vitamins etc.

Owens

Jun 16, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
I see a lot of people talking about different supplements/vitamins they give their bulldog.I was just wondering if this is necessary or if its just recommended.if so if you have any suggestions on which ones i should look into and if they are good for bulldogs of all ages since ill be getting a puppy whos only about 10 weeks old,thanks in advance for the help

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
If you feed a good quality food, you really don't need them, but we give ours some anyway, figure it won't hurt. I would let your pup get a little older first. The ones we give ours recommend the dog be over 25 lbs. We give them HardyPet Complete, another good one is NuVet Plus, and I think they may have one for pups.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, and welcome. Since your puppy is so young, at only 10 weeks old, I would just feed him a high quality dog food, one that is a 5 or 6 star rating. You can read the dog food ratings on this site under the dog food and nutrition forum. A lot of people including me feed their bullies Fromms brand of dog food. It is a 6 star food, and is also an all stages food which means you can feed it at any age, although its recommended that puppies be fed a puppy formula until the age of 6 or 7 months as puppy food contains more calories, fat, and minerals needed for a puppies rapid growth and development. Some people feed adult Fromms from the beginning, as it is a all stages food. If you are feeding a good quality puppy food, you don't need to add supplements or added vitamins, as this would be covered in the food, and you don't want to give too much. When he gets older and he's on adult food at 6 or 7 months old, you can add a few supplements as preventative measures. I add 1 Tbsp. plain unsweetened yogurt to my guys morning kibble, for the probiotics, digestion, and it boosts the immune system. I also add 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar to their drinking water everyday, there are a lot of benefits to ACV, such as it kills the bad bacteria in the body, and so boosts the immune system, it's good for bad breath, it is a natural anti inflammatory, and it balances the Ph levels in the body. There is also a great article on this site regarding the benefits of ACV. We also give a cranberry pill everyday to prevent urinary tract infections, and at night we add salmon oil in their kibble for the Omegas, which is great for their skin, and coat.

Most Reactions