Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Red bump??

  1. #1
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Red bump??

    Winston has a red bump on the side of his face. It's round and hard it doesn't puss or anything...any ideas what it can be or how I can get rid of it???
    -image-jpg

  2. #2
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Red bump??

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren31287 View Post
    Winston has a red bump on the side of his face. It's round and hard it doesn't puss or anything...any ideas what it can be or how I can get rid of it???
    -image-jpg

    Those are what Buster got under his chin. Everyone says that it's acne. The vet put him a weeks worth of antibiotics and they went away completely except for one little bugger that looked just like that. His acne came back so just like Winston we just switched him over to Pork and Peas this Saturday and this morning when i looked under his chin it looked much better. Hopefully they will all go away. Do you use Duoxo pads on him right now? Buster had real bad tear stains and a little bit of acne around his mouth but after we started using those which were given to him at the same time as the antibiotics, the stains and the little acne around his lips went away.

  3. #3
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: Red bump??

    Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    Those are what Buster got under his chin. Everyone says that it's acne. The vet put him a weeks worth of antibiotics and they went away completely except for one little bugger that looked just like that. His acne came back so just like Winston we just switched him over to Pork and Peas this Saturday and this morning when i looked under his chin it looked much better. Hopefully they will all go away. Do you use Duoxo pads on him right now? Buster had real bad tear stains and a little bit of acne around his mouth but after we started using those which were given to him at the same time as the antibiotics, the stains and the little acne around his lips went away.
    Thats what I thought it might be! But he had always gotten it under his chin but looked exactly like that! Good to hear pork and peas is working for Buster! Mine should be here tomorrow or the next day so I hope it helps Winston! I don't use the duoxo but I do use the mal a ket wipes on him! Just started that today on the bump! Maybe a few days of those will help, I was using witch hazel but it didn't seem to be doing the trick.

  4. #4
    Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Davidh's Avatar
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    13,246
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)
    1556

    Default Re: Red bump??

    That's what it looks like, a little zit. Just clean it and it should go away in a few days.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie


  5. #5
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: Red bump??

    Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    That's what it looks like, a little zit. Just clean it and it should go away in a few days.
    Thank you! I worry so I like to double check!!

  6. #6
    .........
    Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    2,981
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Re: Red bump??

    Definitely looks like a pimple to me too

  7. #7
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: Red bump??

    Thanks!!

  8. #8
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Red bump??

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren31287 View Post
    Thanks!!
    Is that bump still super red?

  9. #9
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: Red bump??

    Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    Is that bump still super red?
    Not super red its more of a pinkish color now and shrinking!

  10. #10
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Red bump??

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren31287 View Post
    Not super red its more of a pinkish color now and shrinking!
    Good news!! Thanks.

  11. #11
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: Red bump??

    Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    Good news!! Thanks.
    Yes!! how's buster doing with his???

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •