Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Everyone, Bulldozer and Blossom had appointments at the vet today for a checkup, and heartworm blood test, they got their DA2PP Vacinne which is for distemper, they are due for leptovirus and rabies in August, but my vet doesn't like to give them two shots at once, she likes to split them up, so there is less chance of a reaction. They also got their prescription for Revolution for the next 6 months which covers them for heartworm, fleas, ticks, mange, and one other thing, but I can't remember what the vet said it was. I have to wait until they phone me tomorrow or the next day with the blood test result before starting the revolution, then it's once a month for 6 months. They also had their checkups, they weigh 44.3 and 45.6 lbs each, Blossom has always been bigger than her brother, and she has more of a bully body, than Dozer, she is more stockier, and her chest is bigger, and she is just round, Dozer has more of a boxer, leaner body. My vet thinks they are a little to fat, and that they should be more around 40 lbs each. She wants me to reduce their food from 1 cup twice a day to 3/4 of a cup twice a day. I don't think they are too fat. I'll post a pic of them and you can tell me what you think. They had lymph nodes checked, heart and respiration, their teeth, joints and legs checked, and a thorough check of their skin and fur, including their paws and ears. Dozer got a complete clean bill of health, with no problems, and no tartar on his teeth, and Blossom got the same except for 2 minor problems, her right back paw was a little red and moist, vet said it could be the start of a yeast infection, but hard to tell because it's just the one paw and a small area, but she gave me some Hibitane Skin Cleanser and we are to clean her paw with it 3 times a day, and then pat it dry after each application, she also had one ear that was a little waxy and had a bit of pink in it, so she gave us a ear cleaner solution called Avena Sativa Ear Cleaner, and she said to use this once every 2 weeks until its clear and then when needed. Her ear isn't red, or sore, she's not scratching it, and she said it wasn't bad, but maybe just starting. I clean their eyes, ears, and folds with unscented, sensitive skin baby wipes, but maybe she got some water from her bath in her ear. At least it's not bad, and so should clear up quickly. The vet said her paw could be allergy related or yeast, and if it doesn't clear up, then bring her back and we could try an antibiotic. I'm going to try the Hibitane solution first and some apple cider vinegar and water soakings and hopefully that will be enough to clear it up, as antibiotics can cause yeast infections and then you get a vicious circle of trying to clear it up. I'll also up her yogurt intake and see if that helps the yeast as well.

Are we fat?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 62

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They do not look fat to me.... can you get pictures from above looking dow at waist while they are standing? You want to see a nice v shape at the waist -- Princess Grace is a perfect example.... there is a thread in the Photothemes forum for bully waitlines -- that will help you determine.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgHi, I just snapped these 2 pictures a minute ago while they are playing on the floor

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.