Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Hi everyone...haven't checked in lately but things have been good....

I'm in Vermont on vacation and have Schultz with me (Sophie too) and I just noticed these spots on Schultz's belly, Sophie doesn't have any here's a pic...has anyone seen this because it is new to me...
uredu8ys.jpg

4yzu5u4e.jpg

I called my vet in Ohio and left a message...we are here for a few more days...so I'm going to worry (even though Schultz doesn't seem to know he's got these spots) thanks in advance for any ideas

Fiesty

Jun 22, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper and Spike. Spike died several years ago at the age of 12.
My bullie had the same problem recently. He was put on antibiotics for another problem and then a cream was added for the spots, Mupirocin Ointment. It cleared up but I am not sure which medication solved the problem. I am really hoping others who have had this problem will post. The spots never bothered him - only me.

OP
Saalwi

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
After interrogating a bunch of Vermont natives, I'm pretty certain these spots are black fly bites (just a nuisance unless there are many, many more)...I looked up images for black fly bites and those pics look exactly like the ones I posted...these bites appear fast and disappear quick and the dog usually isn't even bothered (also google info) but thanks for responding!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It does look like he got bit by something. As long as he is acting himself and eating and drinking fine, I would just keep an eye on it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
After interrogating a bunch of Vermont natives, I'm pretty certain these spots are black fly bites (just a nuisance unless there are many, many more)...I looked up images for black fly bites and those pics look exactly like the ones I posted...these bites appear fast and disappear quick and the dog usually isn't even bothered (also google info) but thanks for responding!

OUCH... sound like the green head flies we get here -- they are nasty and hurt

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.