Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thanks everyone. He is to have his surgery early this afternoon and I am praying everything goes fine for Buddy. I am sure it will they are state of the art where I bring him so- but anyways Thanks everyone

So very sorry y'all have had so much to go thru...will be in prayer
for Buddy that all goes well, fixes the problems and recovery is
quick! Sending peace & comfort to you...GOD bless!
:assurred:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone. He is to have his surgery early this afternoon and I am praying everything goes fine for Buddy. I am sure it will they are state of the art where I bring him so- but anyways Thanks everyone

So very sorry y'all have had so much to go thru...will be in prayer
for Buddy that all goes well, fixes the problems and recovery is
quick! Sending peace & comfort to you...GOD bless!
:assurred:

HeatherTaylor

Jul 30, 2012
Harford County Maryland
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bandit and Kozmo Monster
I hope all goes well for him today! I know you must be worried sick I can tell you our bullies are so very resilient! My boy had the two stone surgeries and the uretheostomy all within about three months and I often wondered how he made it thru all that. Buddy will do great and he will feel so much better once he is all healed up. No more UTI's and no more stone issues.
Good thoughts your way! Hugs ~ Heather, Bandit and the Kozmo Monster

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank you so much [MENTION=5559]HeatherTaylor[/MENTION] for sharing your experiences with hero4u, I will pray his surgery goes well today, you did the right thing taking him in

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
H

hero4u

Jul 11, 2012
Palm Beach county Fl. ( Delray Beach)
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thanks everyone the vet did call around 3 pm and he made it thru the surgery like a champ they said. He was obstructed with multible stones in his urinary track and they are keeping him over night again to make sure he is watched closely.. ( they took pictures through the surgery) Thanks again everyone for all your concerns and experience.. At least now I am hoping his urinary problems will be done.. Gary and Buddy

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
[MENTION=5372]hero4u[/MENTION] Great news. My Bertha BAcon just had polyps and struvite stones removed 1 1/2 weeks ago from chronic cystitis. She is already back to her normal saucy trouble making self.

HeatherTaylor

Jul 30, 2012
Harford County Maryland
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bandit and Kozmo Monster
Glad to hear he made it thru surgery well :) !
Another note about bladder stones, my vet also had my Yogi take a drug called Thiola for awhile as a stone preventative It had to be made at a special compound pharmacy as it is an orphan drug but it is a very specialized proven med to prevent certain stones related to genetics. I believe in some cases this medication can be used to avoid surgery.
I hope your boy heals quickly! All the best :)

OP
H

hero4u

Jul 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
I believe. but am not totally sure that they said he will not have anymore stones and I think he will be urinating thru a whole made in his uretha? Not positive but I am to pick him up this afternoon. He is eating and doing well they said and they are also sending the stones found for biopsy or culture... Again Thanks everyone...

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Just got to this thread, jeesh, what trip he's been on, poor guy. Praying for only good health from here on

OP
H

hero4u

Jul 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
I went to see Buddy today, They are keeping him another night. He was bleeding . dripping blood all over the exam room floor when they brought him in. He was happy but a bit disorientated. I could see they had to shave him and is wearing a fentanyl patch for pain.. poor baby. She said he is going to have to remain on a urinary diet now for his lifetime which made me feel a bit upset. I was hoping because now he has a whole somewhere between his penis and where his scrotum was that he wouldn't have anymore problems but at this point I am just going to be happy to have him home. Thanks everyone .

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor little guy. He will be really happy to be home too. I never knew they did things like that.

Sara Lane

Jun 30, 2015
Re: perineal urethrostomy ? food!!

Sorry to hear about your baby! Glad he lived a happy and long life. My Bear had this surgery a few months back but i am having an issue with the food! What did you feed yours after?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.