Help Needed! Urinary track problems after nuetering

hero4u

Jul 11, 2012
Palm Beach county Fl. ( Delray Beach)
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Hi everyone. I had my 14 month old male ebd neutered ( June 2nd) and at first I expected him to be out of it but then in the following days he was just urnating everywhere inside which is abnormal for him. I took him back to the vet and they did a urinalisis and came back saying he had another urinary track infection and put him back on Clavamox. ( I read the UTI article here) well after he finished his one week supply of Clavamox and day 10 he needed his sutures removed we went back to the vet. She did another urinalisis and said there wasn't any bacteria like before > ( too many to count) but had UA abnormalitys > Cystine crystals as well as Cocci bacteria > Recommendations > Royal Canine Urinary SO because he is at risk of developing urinary track disease, prevention of struvite urolithiasis. calcium oxalate prevention. She also gave him 2 more weeks of Clavamox and recheck in a month. He hasn't urinated in the house because I watch him constantly when he is out and not chewing on something on the couch. He was FINE until he was neutered and now it has been 2 weeks tomorrow since he was neutered. Outdoors he will go 5 feet and then squat or lift him leg and mark.. every 5 feet or so. I am thinking about calling the vet again because this just doesn't seem normal. He does LOVE this new food ( Royal canine urinary so) from the vet. He finish's it all each time I put it down unlike the Fromms which he nibbled at all day. I almost wish I had not had him neutered now. Even on the way to the elevator in the hall he runs like he can't hold it and LEAKS on the way. There is no blood but urine. Any help or prior experience with this will be appreciated. Thank you ! :eek:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well hope he will get better soon. I have never had that problem with any of our males so not sure what is causing it other than his diet. Hope the new food helps, just watch him for itching as sometimes Royal Canine will cause that sometimes.

OP
H

hero4u

Jul 11, 2012
Palm Beach county Fl. ( Delray Beach)
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thanks Davidh, He does already itch but it isn't all the time or cronic. I was hoping some other people would give some experience but guess no one but me has had this problem lol

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Well i haven't had colonel tested but that dog peed everywhere before and for some time after. And he walks the whole yard 5 steps and pees. If i don't pay attention in the house he will pee by the back door.

Hmm keep us updated :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I can't help you with the neutered part of it. But my Bertha Bacon just had polyps and stones removed from her bladder from chronic cysytitis. With the polyps and stones she presented with same symptoms as an UTI, spontaneous urine and increased frequency. Has your vet performed an ultrasound? Just an idea?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.