General Question Normal?

Candi Hull

Mar 22, 2012
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mya
Hello Im so thankful for this site is has helped me so much. I do have a question I have a female bully 4 yrs old Ive had her since she was 11 wks old. As long as I can remember she has only ever pooped once a day, but recently she is only going every other day and I have to make her go to the grass. You can tell she is holding it but she refuses to go. I have been feeding her Fromms chicken a la veg for about 6 months because she did do this back in January when I had her on Royal Canine. Two times as of the last couple of months she is walked and then half hour later she poops in the house. Any suggestions on what I should do to help her out!!! Thanks so much

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well it's not normal ,but they do sometimes don't like going in the grass, for what ever reason. A couple of mine don't like wet grass and we just keep telling them to go potty and pointing at the grass and eventually they will go. So just keep working with her and hopefully she will get back to her normal routine.

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
maby a little extra fiber such as canned pumpkin or some apple or carrot slices. I would check with my vet who knows her best to see what they might say - just for piece of mind.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mya sure is a little cutie!! How much are you feeding her right now?

OP
Candi Hull

Candi Hull

Mar 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mya
Thank you so much she is my life and soul I am pretty fond of her. I feed about 1 1/2 c dry fromms and I make a mixture of ground pork and sweet potatos freeze it then give her about 2 tbsp in her dry kibble. She also gets a few sprinkles of whole bran for extra fiber and I always have a bag of apple slices handy. I used to feed more but she puts the weight on so quickly she had to lose 10 lbs per her vet. She has hip dysplaysia so I have to keep her weight in check constantly. Her weight is 44 lbs and its right where her vet wants her.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Maybe something frightened her or bit her last time she was in the grass?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I was going to suggest canned pumpkin, not the pie filling, (a tblsp) or so in each serving of kibble.

OP
Candi Hull

Candi Hull

Mar 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mya
Would the pumpkin be an everyday thing or few times a wk???!!! I wouldnt be surprised if something scared her she is so petrified of everything cant carry anything around her she freaks out!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes..you can use the pumpkin everyday until she is normal again...then I would taper off to couple times a week..then stop unless needed.. I hope she gets over this quickly!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The gang has you covered... I just wanted to say I LOVE your aatar picture!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hi Candi, the canned pumpkin ought to help her out. My boy Tate will sometimes skip a day of going #2 as well but when I give him the pumpkin, that will do the trick. Also, make sure she's drinking water regularly b/c even tho she's getting fiber, if she's not taking in sufficient water, she can get constipated. Good luck!

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online