sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Hi Everyone,

Poor little Barkley has been throwing up lately and I can't figure out why....It's been happening for about 4-5 days now. It seems like it has been once in the morning and once in the evening every day.

It's always just a little bit of brown/yellow liquid but sometimes there is some undigested food in there. It seems weird because it's never after he eats, it usually happens a little while before it's time to eat.

Could it be happening because he's hungry since it's always close to his meal times? I really have no other idea what it could be!

Thanks for any help!! :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like he has an empty tummy, a little snack or treat between meals and see if he improves. If not something else may be going on but I would try that first.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I agree ... Maggie used to do this in the morning just as she woke up. Switching her to a better food actually helped in our case but maybe the better food source took longer to digest and kept her tummy full a little bit longer!!

OP
sunkissedpr1ncs

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Sounds like he has an empty tummy, a little snack or treat between meals and see if he improves. If not something else may be going on but I would try that first.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Thanks! I'm sure he wouldn't mind getting extra snacks!! Haha. He's 7 months now and we feed him 1 3/4 cups of food twice a day, around 7am and 7pm. He also gets treats throughout the day plus a kong with peanut butter and a kong treat when we leave for work. I usually give him half of a kong treat before bed too.

Do you think we should increase his food? He's fairly active and is really lean, not fat at all, so maybe he should be getting more food? Although I can never tell because I think he would eat a whole bag of food at a time if let him!! Haha

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
What food are you feeding him?

OP
sunkissedpr1ncs

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
I agree ... Maggie used to do this in the morning just as she woke up. Switching her to a better food actually helped in our case but maybe the better food source took longer to digest and kept her tummy full a little bit longer!!

We're feeding him Fromm pork and peas and he's doing really well on it, he's been on it for awhile and this just started happening so I'm not sure if its that. I'm thinking its just because he's a little piggy and might need more food, which I'm sure he won't mind at all! He gets sooo mopey when it's almost time for him to eat. He just sits beside the pantry where we keep his food and pouts. Haha.

I'll try giving him a couple more snacks throughout the day and see if that helps keep his little tummy full. :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Try taking out the Kong snacks and replacing them with frozen veggies and fruit .... I'm wondering if it's the treats too that might be affecting him. Right now you are feeding him a 6* rated food but then giving him crappy treats in between. :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Try taking out the Kong snacks and replacing them with frozen veggies and fruit .... I'm wondering if it's the treats too that might be affecting him. Right now you are feeding him a 6* rated food but then giving him crappy treats in between. :yes:

agree.... knock out the kong treats (not the PB) and use veggies or his kibble --- see if it helps.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon was doing the same thing and we've been giving him unsalted rice cake before bed and he stopped

Most Reactions