OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
have you thought of maybe feeding dehydrated food or even canned food. there are several brands that are very good and should be easy to digest. home cooking would be a good thing but i know you have lots to do. perhaps soaking the kibble to make it softer would help it digest better. [MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION]

I was thinking that! I have to dig deeper at our next vet visit (tomorrow) and see what her long term plans are. I also have to ask what makes this food "low residue" so I can see what would be similar. They have a canned version of this actual food but I'd prefer not to do that. I would REALLY like to try Fromm again, maybe kibble with some canned. Even if he has to be on the Lactulose and Miralax long term, I would prefer that. She did mention those meds would be fine long term. He had a fairly long head tremor yesterday which I'm sure was from the food. Ugh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] figured I would update you on this thread since it was my most recent about Chunk, and I was wondering if you could recommend another food for Chunk. We are back to regular food (now I have him on Fromm Salmon Tunalini) and he's on two stool softeners and cisapride (a medication that helps the muscles in his bowels contract). But he still sheds a ton and smells sometimes! I feel like he was better on the Blue Buffalo Salmon .. His eyes skin and ear overall are pretty good. I guess I should be thankful it's not worse, just hoping for even better results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.