URGENT!!! Emergency

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thanks for the update. I was feeling so badly for him. Like Sally said above, he deserves such a wonderful rest of his life. Please keep us updated..:)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Thanks soo much for all of the advice. Went to the vet first thing this morning. Kyle had no problem telling the vet just how crummy he felt. He was so sweet, the vet even took our office visit charge off. He is now on antibiotics, anti-inflammatory medication, and has been shaved. He looks silly but he is almost acting like himself again.

His lymphnode is very swollen. Vet is worried he may have punctured his salivary gland. Can't tell yet until the swelling goes down. Will keep you all updated. Here is a picture below.

Also, just so everyone feels better, he is staying in my bedroom--he has the master room to himself and I have asked my roommate to do the same with her dog.

I guess the next thing I would want advice on is how to broach the subject of having her help with the bills if he needs surgery. . . .

View attachment 46023

Wholly chit, as much as I hate to say this, he's lucky to be alive. That's worse that I ever imagined. Since both dogs were loose in the house I'm not sure how you could have her help pay the bills. But sit down and try to talk to her about it. It's worth a try. My pitty and Wilson are now 100% separated when we are gone, 100%! Wilson has excitement issues and if provoked (and it can be just about anything that excites him) he and Jack will fight if Jack is anywhere near by. They've gotten into several fights in the past year, about 8 to 10. One of the worst fights (next to the first when when I stuck my hand into break them up and got several bite wounds) was about 4 months ago. They would have fought to the death. Wilson does not back off. I guess the point I'm trying to say is that if your roomy's dog and your bully are going to live together they MUST be crated when you two are not there. Another thing I recommend is to put both dogs on a harness, at least the roomy's dog since he's the one that has teeth only. My Sally (my new rescue) barely has any teeth either. I would never compromise put her in that situation as she can't defend herself. Dogs will fight to the death if needed.

I'll be thinking of Kyle and praying he doesn't need surgery. Poor guy has gone through enough just being a rescue. :hug: to you. Don't forget!!! Crate & harness!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.