Help Needed! I messed up!

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Good Morning Everyone!

Soo I ordered Winston some new treats not thinking anything of it I gave him a few over the course of the week. They were the Primal Venison Lung Puffs. Well dumb move on my part! It said they were good for dogs with allergies but what it didn't say or I missed was that they were for the raw diet. So as you can image my poor Winston has a very upset tummy :nope:. I made him some boiled hamburger & rice (since hes sensitive to chicken) and mixed a little bit of pumpkin in it. Is there anything else I can do for him?? I am SO mad at myself and feel so horrible. :cursing:[h=3][/h]

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
You did exactly what I would have suggested ;)
I just dont put much faith in store bought treats. What we do is keep a container of their regular kibble in a separate and a serving dish. When they deserve a 'treat' they get a little bit of their kibble served as a treat.
We work sooooo hard to get them on the best we can find I hate to screw it up with some treat that has who knows what in it.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:hug2:Hi. Okay first you didn't mess up, you made a human booboo, don't be so hard on yourself , you didn't know. Second I'm sorry Winston is feeling poopie, but now that he's not getting those treats anymore, he should feel better soon. You're already doing the right thing by giving him the bland diet, that will help to settle his stomach, as will the pumpkin. You could also try a little yogurt as it might help to coat his stomach, but sometimes in this case less is best, so as not to overtax his stomach. Bland diet, offer him lots of fresh water, and he should be fine in a day or two. And don't feel so guilty or bad, it happens, we're not perfect, and we think or try to do what's best for our babies, but they are sensitive and sometimes ingredients and additives are hidden in things, or not labelled properly and we unknowingly give them to our pets thinking their okay. We all learn from this. So don't be so hard on yourself, he'll be fine. Hugs and prayers sent your way

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
You did exactly what I would have suggested ;)
I just dont put much faith in store bought treats. What we do is keep a container of their regular kibble in a separate and a serving dish. When they deserve a 'treat' they get a little bit of their kibble served as a treat.
We work sooooo hard to get them on the best we can find I hate to screw it up with some treat that has who knows what in it.

Thank you for the advice :). I like that idea of using the kibble and I think that is probably going to be our best bet from here on out!

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
:hug2:Hi. Okay first you didn't mess up, you made a human booboo, don't be so hard on yourself , you didn't know. Second I'm sorry Winston is feeling poopie, but now that he's not getting those treats anymore, he should feel better soon. You're already doing the right thing by giving him the bland diet, that will help to settle his stomach, as will the pumpkin. You could also try a little yogurt as it might help to coat his stomach, but sometimes in this case less is best, so as not to overtax his stomach. Bland diet, offer him lots of fresh water, and he should be fine in a day or two. And don't feel so guilty or bad, it happens, we're not perfect, and we think or try to do what's best for our babies, but they are sensitive and sometimes ingredients and additives are hidden in things, or not labelled properly and we unknowingly give them to our pets thinking their okay. We all learn from this. So don't be so hard on yourself, he'll be fine. Hugs and prayers sent your way

Thank you so much for the hugs and the prayers. I know I made a booboo I just hate that it made him feel crappy. My husband is working from home today to keep an eye on him so I am thankful for that. He said he has just been resting all morning. Hopefully by tonight he will start feeling a bit better!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Don't feel horrible you didn't know you're a great MOM!;) He will be all better really soon!

L

Lucy-licious

Scrambled egg or boiled egg helps to bind the poop too...and is a really fun treat if you dont mind the mess. Mine love chasing a hard boiled egg around the kitchen :ROFL:

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Scrambled egg or boiled egg helps to bind the poop too...and is a really fun treat if you dont mind the mess. Mine love chasing a hard boiled egg around the kitchen :ROFL:

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely try that! Ohh my I am picturing them chasing the egg around the kitchen, too funny!! :lmao:

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
You can also use an ice cube tray and spray it with pam, put a small amount of peanut butter in it, a slice of banana and then a little peanut butter on top of that and freeze them. They pop out easy and bullies (people too) love them. Good luck.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good Morning Everyone!

Soo I ordered Winston some new treats not thinking anything of it I gave him a few over the course of the week. They were the Primal Venison Lung Puffs. Well dumb move on my part! It said they were good for dogs with allergies but what it didn't say or I missed was that they were for the raw diet. So as you can image my poor Winston has a very upset tummy :nope:. I made him some boiled hamburger & rice (since hes sensitive to chicken) and mixed a little bit of pumpkin in it. Is there anything else I can do for him?? I am SO mad at myself and feel so horrible. :cursing:

How is your boy tonight>?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hope Winston is feeling better now, you did exactly what I would've done as well. Give him a big hug from us!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
You can also use an ice cube tray and spray it with pam, put a small amount of peanut butter in it, a slice of banana and then a little peanut butter on top of that and freeze them. They pop out easy and bullies (people too) love them. Good luck.

Ohhh this is a good idea!! Winston is obsessed with peanut butter! Thanks! :)

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
How is your boy tonight>?

He is doing much better! He only went to the bathroom once yesterday and no accidents last night so thats definitely an improvement! He slept most of the day yesterday so he woke up this morning with more energy and like his normal self. Thank you for asking! :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.