Abscesses and penis pocket infection here we go again!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'm no help here but sure do hope you find a solution soon -- and I'm certain that will start with a pair of fresh eyes looking at the problem. The thing about some medical professionals -- sadly -- is that there's a whole bunch of EGO going on there. Rather than say, "I was wrong" - it's .."Well, the problem must be with YOU, Dear Pet Person!" I know that's a startling generality -- and very unfair with most of our vets here, for sure, or we wouldn't continue to see them -- but how many of these kinds of horror stories have YOU heard? Many!

Thank goodness we have EBN and each other here!

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Little update from this morning. His face is still very red and and oozy but his pee-wee is finally looking better. It's white and no sign of inflammation... just a little red in the tummy.... yoo-hoo!!! :2thumbs: I'm going to finish the local antibiotics for his pocket infection, since they now seem to be working. Don't wanna dtop now and make the bacteria resistant to them so gotta go all the way through with it, although I really hate how they cause other troubles. For the face I still don't know what else to do, because I guess it'll stay like that as far as he is on the antibiotics, so I'm gonna try the baths, the yogurt and the ACV. Here are some pics of our evolution...

P1110865.jpgP1110866.jpgP1110867.jpgP1110869.jpgP1110870.jpgP1110873.jpgP1110876.jpgP1110877.jpg

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Absolutely true!! :yes: Ulysses and I have benefited so much from EBN.... there is no expertise like experience, and nobody knows a bully like a bully owner.... I have learned that the hard way. Specially with my last vet, she treated me in many occasions like I was insane or just over protective of my dog, maybe I am but who can blame me? he is my baby boy and I want the best for him... is that to hard to understand? :) :yes:

I'm no help here but sure do hope you find a solution soon -- and I'm certain that will start with a pair of fresh eyes looking at the problem. The thing about some medical professionals -- sadly -- is that there's a whole bunch of EGO going on there. Rather than say, "I was wrong" - it's .."Well, the problem must be with YOU, Dear Pet Person!" I know that's a startling generality -- and very unfair with most of our vets here, for sure, or we wouldn't continue to see them -- but how many of these kinds of horror stories have YOU heard? Many!

Thank goodness we have EBN and each other here!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Specially with my last vet, she treated me in many occasions like I was insane or just over protective of my dog, maybe I am but who can blame me? he is my baby boy and I want the best for him... is that to hard to understand? :) :yes:

That sounds like THE perfect reason to find a new vet!

One of the reasons I love my Dr. Terry Beatty so much is that while I can be a bit of an alarmist, he never poo-poos my concerns. The last time I took Sushi the cat in, he said, "Listen, I will do a full blood panel and a this and that test and a whittly dee doo test if you want me to -- but it's not necessary. Truly. Just keep an eye on him." And he was right. Again.

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Thank you Sherry! your expertise always help me out :) and you are absolutely welcome in Germany of course :)

Well, he is now on Acana pacifica which is 100% grain free and only protein from fish. He loves it and he is doing great on it coat, stool and appetite wise. We went to a dermatologist a few months ago because of some skin protuberance that he has on the back of his neck, she said it might be from the Acana chicken he was on so she recommended me some food we have in Germany called Wolfsblut which has very unusual sources of protein like kangaroos, water-buffalos and whatnot. But I didn't feel too comfortable trying that food out, so I decided to try Acana Pacifica.

I wanted to give him cranberry pills for a long time now, but I only seem to find the ones that come with additional vitamin C... do you think that's OK? 1 Cap has 300mg cranberry extract and 100mg vitamin C... I would love to be able to give him cranberry cause I know it helps wonders and it prevents future problems.

oh yes, I see that now you are from Germany, it's a beautiful Country. My great grandparents were from Germany

is there a grain free without any chicken in the protein? you could give it a shot. That's the thing I found with antibiotics , they eventually hurt the immune system by making it dependent on them and then you need stronger and stronger ones. just like people needing stronger and stronger antibiotics. try a dollop of yogurt too in one of his meals, it's probiotic and helps to build the immunities . purified water and cranberry pills often help ones with bladder issues. I may be grasping at straws but it's worth a shot. and oh yea, after a bath, I've been rinsing all the soap out, and then with a mix of 1 gallon water to 1 cup vinegar pour over pooch and leave on. dry off and that's it. they smell so fresh for days and days it balances their ph level. I feel your pain, I've had my share of problems as you can imagine, I'm not immune by any means to the problems this breed can bring and each and every bully is so different

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
I might have to come over to Washington to see YOUR vet :yes: .. he sounds great. We are visiting a new vet this afternoon so fingers crossed he will be awesome :D

That sounds like THE perfect reason to find a new vet!

One of the reasons I love my Dr. Terry Beatty so much is that while I can be a bit of an alarmist, he never poo-poos my concerns. The last time I took Sushi the cat in, he said, "Listen, I will do a full blood panel and a this and that test and a whittly dee doo test if you want me to -- but it's not necessary. Truly. Just keep an eye on him." And he was right. Again.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=4663]Maife[/MENTION] oh yes, vitamin C is good for the skin too. specially yeasty things, the acetic acid dries things up. I'd jump on that. Thank you for the kinds words of assurance. :blush:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Malecetic ultra for the face wrinkles-- works wonders!!!!

Hope he feels better and I would not change the food just yet either.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.