puppy's first heat

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
Hi Everyone!
Long time since I've been on the board. I've missed everyone - got very busy, then separated, then we didn't know what house Hudson was going to stay in. I also wanted to make sure that my ex wasn't super involved and step on his toes with his new bullie, but I think this is fair game.
So hello!

Anyway, I now also have a sweet little female who just turned nine months old and....it's time for her first heat!

I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations on products they like for their bullies. I remember there being posts in the past, but I'm having trouble finding them, and I thought maybe in the past year and a half, new stuff might have come out - who knows!?

Hope everyone is well! I'll get pics up ASAP of my new lady, Bricklin! Hudson is doing well too! Snoring away at the moment!

OP
ILuvHudson

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
Thanks! Just put some pictures up in the introductions area for everyone to enjoy! :) Glad to be back!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome back and can't wait to see pics of your new baby. We sometimes use disposable diapers on them. We did have a pair of pants made for this, but found the diapers work just as well. Some people have used suspenders made for dogs too, but we never have. Just keep a claose eye on her around intact males, and when she is outside, do not let her out of your sight. It will take about 3 to 4 weeks to be over.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I use the diaper panties and launder fresh blankets for them to lay on as they seem more comfortable being "free". They always try to rub on tables and chairs with panties on, trying to rub them off.

The first 10 days are more heavy, then it tapers off.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
ILuvHudson

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
Thanks everyone! So far it's not been very heavy, so I guess I'll just watch and see. I just want her to be comfortable. Thanks for the reminder to keep an eye out for intact males. We live in a pretty big neighborhood, and I had been letting both my pups off leash in the yard, but not for the next few weeks for Bricklin!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone! So far it's not been very heavy, so I guess I'll just watch and see. I just want her to be comfortable. Thanks for the reminder to keep an eye out for intact males. We live in a pretty big neighborhood, and I had been letting both my pups off leash in the yard, but not for the next few weeks for Bricklin!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.