OP
MushiesMom

MushiesMom

Jun 8, 2013
Country
United States of Merica
Bulldog(s) Names
Fuggles McMush (Mushie)
Sounds like she is improving some but hope the new Vet can help speed up the process and get her on the best track. It just doesn't make since that too many Vets and human Dr.s aren't more knowledgable about proper nutrition. If they are its seems its because of a special interest in it and not from their formal training

I completely agree with you. It's really scary to know that someone would try to force a food down my dogs throat for a profit and not care more about her well being.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I sure don't have anything to add here and the problems Mush has been having are new to me, just have never experienced these. You got some incredible help above though I see. I hope Mush gets better soon and kudos to you for being so proactive.

Oh I second Banfield and Royal Canine, run fast from both

OP
MushiesMom

MushiesMom

Jun 8, 2013
Country
United States of Merica
Bulldog(s) Names
Fuggles McMush (Mushie)
Someone is feeling better tonight!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Doesn't that just make your heart sing???:yes4:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so glad to be reading that Mush is improving, and that you found a new vet. I hope this vet works out for you and Mush Bear, and he continues to improve. Keep us posted on Wednesdays appointment and good luck. Hugs and prayers always.

OP
MushiesMom

MushiesMom

Jun 8, 2013
Country
United States of Merica
Bulldog(s) Names
Fuggles McMush (Mushie)
Update:

WOW! What a huge difference in pet care! Holy Moly!

Everything from the vet's knowledge to even scheduling a follow up visit was a complete change from banfield!!

This is what the vet said..

She said it was very strange that they told me I had to change mush's diet especially the first time she has ever had a UTI. She said that if mush continues to get UTI's then there are more "aggressive" ways of preventing them but none have to include a diet change. She did say that because we adopted mush and she has been on blue buffalo since the first week we had her, that its possible something in the food could be contributing to her chronic ear infections, the acne, etc and that is when we talk about ingredients in foods and get help from a nutritionist. Basically..we don't know if mush's acne is bad or if her mood is changed (she's never hyper) because of her food because she's always been this way..we don't know anything different. Which TOTALLY makes sense in my book. She sounded like it was our choice though..whether to take the "whats not broke, don't fix" approach or experiment a little bit to see if we could find her a better quality of life. But of course, on a clean bill of health first.

In regards to the UTI, we have a follow up visit the 20th to do another urine analysis. She said she couldn't feel any stones but that doesn't mean they aren't there (for obvious reasons). We are going to test again for crystals and then treat from there.

She also looked at mush's ears and said nothing about surgery. That it was possible to get her bad ear to a much better state so we will be working to fix that too!

She explained everything, had her opinions but didn't force anything on mush and she was really kind with her. It's weird. She came into the room got down on the floor and waited until mush came over to her. Watching that I realized no vet has done that before...actually patiently waited for mush to be comfortable around her.

I'm happy. Thank you everyone who sent advice, hugs and prayers our way. Mush is back to her usual self...demanding food, snoring on the couch and biting our elbows when we're ignoring her.

We really appreciate everything!

-Lex, Dan & Mush
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371052467.765017.jpg

OP
MushiesMom

MushiesMom

Jun 8, 2013
Country
United States of Merica
Bulldog(s) Names
Fuggles McMush (Mushie)
Update:

Well WHAT DO YA KNOW! Mush doesn't have any crystals in her urine anymore.

But but but ...banfield...we didn't buy your food! How is that possible?!

....off to banfield to go have a little chat with them.

Sidenote: mush is back to her good young self!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you for updating us and how great all your news is to hear!

Love Mush...and y'all...GOD bless!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
What wonderful news!! Sorry I missed this thread. P.s. Welcome to EBN!!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Wow love my vet he didn't push one food or another just told me what I had to make sure Sheldon's food had and what it didn't need. They carry Hills in the office but they told me to do the research and feed him what I felt was best for him at the time I thought it was just them taking a short cut but now I realize they were right to tell me to do the research.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Awe that is AWESOME news!!! So happy Mush is doing better!!

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

OP
MushiesMom

MushiesMom

Jun 8, 2013
Country
United States of Merica
Bulldog(s) Names
Fuggles McMush (Mushie)
Update on my little nugget...we switched mush to fromm pork and peas and she hasn't had one urinary tract infection since!!!! Blue buffalo could have had too much protein in it for her little (chubby) body to handle. All is well in this house hold....thank you everyone for your support!!!!!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.