Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please HELP! new mom, sick Bully!

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Please HELP! new mom, sick Bully!

Banfield.....................

My mom bought their wellness plan for her bulldog Chesty. Needless to say....she no longer uses Banfield. It's nice to establish a relationship with your vet and be able to see them each and every time you go in.
    Kudos to you for being such a good bully mom!

Royal Canin................

It's the same thing with human doctors. If the drug rep comes in and give the Dr a bunch of perks for prescribing their drug....then they prescribe it.

Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    NiKlauz
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry to hear of your strugles with Mush and fustrations with your vet. I have heard not to use any pet store vets though because their in the pockets of the most paying reps. As for Royal Canin, BAD-BAD-BAD! My little bully was on that when we bought him from the breeder and he was raw with diarheah. I switched to Natural Balance, it is grain free has sweet potatoe for the carbohydrate witch also helped firm up his stool and i have been able to switch the protein from Chicken, Bison, Duck, Fish, Veal or lamb so he has variety and won't get bored with the same food. I have been able to switch every few weeks with out any digestion problems since the ingredience is all the same. One other thing i give my bully is NuVet Plus. It's a daily supplement(vitamine) I give to help his immune system against allergies,arthritis, digestive issues etc...I know that every ones bully is different and may not react the same and to each his own this is just what has and is working for us.

Hope your bully gets better soon,
    Michelle & NiKlauz

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I send you a PM, with a useful link.

Country
    United States of Merica
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fuggles McMush (Mushie)
    Likes (Received)

Hello again everyone! So I had written another novel but then as I went to send it, the site froze...I guess welcome to forum writing, right?

Anyway, THANK YOU everyone SO much for coming to my rescue so quickly! I've been on dogaware since 9pm (it's 4:30 in the morning here in NY) and that website is a god send! I've literally been researching every single health concern we've had with Mush.

There are a few things I'm still confused about

1) if Struvite crystals are formed because of alkaline urine and oxalate crystals are formed because of acidic urine, how is it possible to have both showing in Mush's urine?
    2) If the struvites are only being caused by the UTI and they clean up after antibiotics, wont using cranberry pills and apple cider vinegar actually harm her and make the oxalates worse?
    3) Does anyone know of any kibble or wet food that is low in oxalates? I just want to know all of my options before choosing mush's new diet. I know that a raw diet is best and believe me, my boyfriend and I are both on the human version of raw food diet so price and prep are zero concern...the issue is I don't trust my knowledge yet to be able to supply mush with proper nutrients and with so many different options for each nutrient, I'm worried I wont choose good combinations, not give her enough of something or give her too much. Her allergies, weight control, elongated soft pallet AND now I believe need for low oxalate foods is going to make it very tricky.
    4) Is there anything I can give mush right now that won't effect her crystal count for both types of crystals? Pro-biotics? yogurt?

As for an update, mush is doing fine...just a little extra cuddly and wants to go outside a lot more.

Once again, thank you everyone so much. Dan, I and mush all appreciate it so much and check here frequently for new insight.

good night everyone..speak to you soon.
    -943210_10200446903119079_1921042890_n-jpg

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MushiesMom View Post
    Hello again everyone! So I had written another novel but then as I went to send it, the site froze...I guess welcome to forum writing, right?

Anyway, THANK YOU everyone SO much for coming to my rescue so quickly! I've been on dogaware since 9pm (it's 4:30 in the morning here in NY) and that website is a god send! I've literally been researching every single health concern we've had with Mush.

There are a few things I'm still confused about

1) if Struvite crystals are formed because of alkaline urine and oxalate crystals are formed because of acidic urine, how is it possible to have both showing in Mush's urine? The oxalates have probably formed first, when her urine pH was low...and when she got the UTI her urine pH got alkaline and the struvites formed.
    2) If the struvites are only being caused by the UTI and they clean up after antibiotics, wont using cranberry pills and apple cider vinegar actually harm her and make the oxalates worse? Yes they will.
    3) Does anyone know of any kibble or wet food that is low in oxalates? I just want to know all of my options before choosing mush's new diet. I know that a raw diet is best and believe me, my boyfriend and I are both on the human version of raw food diet so price and prep are zero concern...the issue is I don't trust my knowledge yet to be able to supply mush with proper nutrients and with so many different options for each nutrient, I'm worried I wont choose good combinations, not give her enough of something or give her too much. Her allergies, weight control, elongated soft pallet AND now I believe need for low oxalate foods is going to make it very tricky. Sorry, I don't. That is why I recommend home cooking or raw without bone.
    4) Is there anything I can give mush right now that won't effect her crystal count for both types of crystals? Pro-biotics? yogurt? Yes, Pro-and prebiotics are always good with any type of stone.

As for an update, mush is doing fine...just a little extra cuddly and wants to go outside a lot more.

Once again, thank you everyone so much. Dan, I and mush all appreciate it so much and check here frequently for new insight.

good night everyone..speak to you soon.
    -943210_10200446903119079_1921042890_n-jpg
    So glad she's doing fine. Cuddles will do you good too.

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm late to this (sorry) but I see you've been given great advice. @RiiSi is the queen of stones, listen to what she says and you'll be fine.

Can I just offer one piece of advice? RUN..... run as fast as you can from Banfield

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Country
    United States of Merica
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fuggles McMush (Mushie)
    Likes (Received)

Does anyone know when I should start to see improvement with mush? She's still peeing blood in very small amounts. When we let her out (every 1/2 hour) she tries to go 3-4 times.

Also she hasn't gone #2 since yesterday morning. This is strange for her...she usually goes after her morning feeding and night time feeding.

Should I be worried?

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

@desertskybulldogs..@Twice. @RiiSi

Poor Baby..I'm sorry I am no help.
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 06-10-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Country
    United States of Merica
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fuggles McMush (Mushie)
    Likes (Received)

Aww. I just walked into my room and find this... She wedged herself in between my pillows... I can't even be mad!.....looks like I'm on the couch tonight.. Doesn't it just break your heart when they don't feel well... 😢 -imageuploadedbytapatalk1370841415-738776-jpg

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I've been following this thread and I sure wish I had some answers for you. The whole thing with the stones does sound very confusing, but I am so glad you are seeking a new vet.

I hope she starts feeling better soon.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MushiesMom View Post
    Does anyone know when I should start to see improvement with mush? She's still peeing blood in very small amounts. When we let her out (every 1/2 hour) she tries to go 3-4 times.

Also she hasn't gone #2 since yesterday morning. This is strange for her...she usually goes after her morning feeding and night time feeding.

Should I be worried?
    Honestly? Anytime you see blood where it shouldn't be is a cause for concern.

Can you get her to another doctor today? What bothers me is that you say she "tries to go 3 or 4 times". Is she actually peeing? Blood in the urine could be caused by a blockage and if she isn't actually peeing this could be the reason.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Real Name
    Cyndi
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mayhem
    Likes (Received)

I hope that Mush feels better soon! Please keep us updated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads