Help Needed! ate a squeaker!!

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
I got home and notice Pickle had ripped open a toy and the squeaker is no where to be found - I'm pretty sure she ate it. Not sure how long ago this happened but within the last 4 hours. Any ideas? She is 35-40 pounds, to give an idea of her size. I feel like a dumba$$, thought I picked up all the squeaker toys before I left.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, first of all take a deep breath. You're not a dumbass, it's happened to all of us at one time or another. My male Bulldozer is a bully goat, he eats everything and everything that's not nailed down. I don't understand how they can swallow these objects and not choke on them. He's eaten socks twice, he ate a part of a Kong Wubba toy, he's eaten rocks, a piece of a plastic bag, and just last week he pooped out a dish cloth?.?. Have no idea where he got it from. Everything he's eaten he's pooped out, and he once threw up a sweat sock. Pickle will be okay, and will pass it eventually, it may take a week or so, but it's a small object, and it's smooth, it's doesn't have any sharp edges so won't puncture anything. Just keep an eye on him, and you have to be a poop CSI agent, check his poop everytime he goes, until he passes it. The signs you want to watch for are diarrhea, vomiting, and drooling, as these are signs of an obstruction. I don't think a small object like a squeaker will cause an obstruction, and will probably pass through without any problems. Try not to worry too much. Keep us posted.

OP
xsubsailor

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
haha a dish cloth, wow! Yea, I will keep an eye on her - thanks. it seems I always have issues when the vet is closed.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hi, first of all take a deep breath. You're not a dumbass, it's happened to all of us at one time or another. My male Bulldozer is a bully goat, he eats everything and everything that's not nailed down. I don't understand how they can swallow these objects and not choke on them. He's eaten socks twice, he ate a part of a Kong Wubba toy, he's eaten rocks, a piece of a plastic bag, and just last week he pooped out a dish cloth?.?. Have no idea where he got it from. Everything he's eaten he's pooped out, and he once threw up a sweat sock. Pickle will be okay, and will pass it eventually, it may take a week or so, but it's a small object, and it's smooth, it's doesn't have any sharp edges so won't puncture anything. Just keep an eye on him, and you have to be a poop CSI agent, check his poop everytime he goes, until he passes it. The signs you want to watch for are diarrhea, vomiting, and drooling, as these are signs of an obstruction. I don't think a small object like a squeaker will cause an obstruction, and will probably pass through without any problems. Try not to worry too much. Keep us posted.

I agree 100% exhale mama things have a way of working out, watch the poop and in a few you should be able to find it.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Ditto to what everyone else has said. It has happened to many of us. One of mine chewed off Gumby's arm (dog toy), and i found this green rubbery thing waving at me from a pile of poop one day. Pickle we be okay.

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
Guinevere got a squeaker once too! She's about the same size as Pickle. She threw it up whole the next morning, on my bed :S

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I got home and notice Pickle had ripped open a toy and the squeaker is no where to be found - I'm pretty sure she ate it. Not sure how long ago this happened but within the last 4 hours. Any ideas? She is 35-40 pounds, to give an idea of her size. I feel like a dumba$$, thought I picked up all the squeaker toys before I left.

And the follow up post entitled: POOPED A SQUEAKER! LOL

OP
xsubsailor

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
And the follow up post entitled: POOPED A SQUEAKER! LOL

Well finally we retrieved the squeaker. Pickle threw it up after 8 days and it looked brand new after all that time.
I was on the CSI poop patrol but at 4 am this morning she decided to get rid of it the old fashion way. Either way I'm glad its out of her.:clap2:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Cool, congrats on finding the squeaker, so glad it's finally out of her. What a relief huh?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well finally we retrieved the squeaker. Pickle threw it up after 8 days and it looked brand new after all that time.
I was on the CSI poop patrol but at 4 am this morning she decided to get rid of it the old fashion way. Either way I'm glad its out of her.:clap2:

Very cool to hear! :2thumbs: I thought she had eaten another one because I remember when you posted this originally. 8 DAYS!!!!! Wow!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Yeah it can take eight days .... or longer!!! From the owner of two bullys out of three who eat everything that is and is not nailed down ... I feel your pain!!

Right now, Bella is on the couch obviously not feeling too well and she has diahorrea. I know she ate something, and I know I did not feed it to her....... so who knows!! Right now we are on Bella watch and I see a batch of bland diet cooking in my future!! :nope:

OP
xsubsailor

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
@Vikinggirl it was in pristine condition - it could have. @Davidh - yea I was getting worried and tired of checkin poop.
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] I was planning to get the vet to xray her on Monday to see where it was or if I missed it somehow. I figured 8 days was to long but I guess not

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Well I have found out [ primarily through this forum and my experience with Ace] that these bully's will eat anything. I'm on constant patrol with Ace. So glad you recovered the squeaker.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.