Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have any of you noticed this?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Shia
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Have any of you noticed this?

Shia is an English Bulldog who is completely white except brown eye patches. She has never had a skin issue. The only thing I've been told from my vet is to make sure if she is outside for any amount of time put on sunscreen or she'll blister. But she's completely healthy.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ann Farley Hamilton View Post
    I think this how white bullies got the bad rap of being unhealthy and to stay away from a bully of that color. I think just more issues show up on a white or mostly white bully then they do on other colors. I think if you took 2 bullies from the same litter one white one darker and did everything the same I think their issues would be the same only you would see it first on the white. I have heard people say don't get a white bully because they have more health problems then any other color. (not true)
    Oliver is all white except for his right ear and his tail and Sebastian is mostly black brindle with 3 white legs and head except for his black eye and they are from the same litter and of course getting the same treatment from me when it comes to their hygiene and food so I guess we'll see if they come up with the same issues. Right now, they have none except for Sebastian's pulmonic stenosis which has nothing to do with his color.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

"Anyway, she mentioned how good my girls look and mentioned how it's such a shame that so many Bullies have skin issues, allergies, etc.
    Perhaps this person needs to spend some time on EBN to learn a bit about nutrition and bullies.
    White may be sun-sensitive but other than that I cant think of any other down-side of white.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads