Stinky face

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Hi. Ok so Bruno gets a bath once a week. He gets shampooed with an oatmeal shampoo and reg pantene conditioner. He has no skin issues at all. He smells great and is super soft when dry. His face however stinks as soon as the next day.
He is fed Acana. Yogurt every other day and has water all day long.
What can I use to wipe his face On a daily basis. Suggestions have been hydrogen peroxide, diluted apple cider vinegar, stridex pads. :D

What do you guys use?

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
have you put alittle bit of shampoo on a rag and wiped his face down? we use some oatmeal shampoo and conditioner that has baking soda in it which helps takes the smells out... on a daily basis i just use regular baby wipes..lex doesnt have any skin issues either... i hope someone can help ya out

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I use a damp cloth with a touch of soap, than wipe with clean damp cloth, then dry completely. I then put cornstarch in his wrinkles. If he has a "stinky face" could be yeast and there are some other threads on here with alot of great ideas!!

OP
jortiz9758

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Thank you for the replies. I thought I would be able to see the yeast...Discolored or red? If so his face is snow white.
I wipe his face daily also with baby wipes, and after every meal along with a little desitin in his tear area to keep it dry every other day... I will try the corn starch..reg baby stuff will do?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I use the blueberry facial scrub from Carolina Pet Pantry... it smells yummy! I only do it about once a week- but I know many who use it several times a week on their bullies.

Are you certain it is not bad breath?

Ann Farley Hamilton

Jul 21, 2010
Brookline, NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Hamilton's Irish Mack we call him Mack and Blossom
Don't use hydrogen peroxide it does not know the difference between could skin or infected so it kills even the good skin cells after to much use. I use Spa Facial Scrub it smells and works great it's all natural. It has gotten rid of Mack's tear stains and keeps Blossom from itching her face raw. When Blossom first came her coat was so dry, flaky, smelled and felt like a wire brush this stuff has saved her face. I use it on her 2x's a day after she eats and it makes it so she doesn't smell or itch. I get it from Carolina Pet Pantry on line and I use their tea tree and Aloe shampoo the two work great together and you can't beat the price. She has 5 bullies herself and does a ton of stuff to raise money for rescues every where so I try and always buy from Courtney. Remember to CK free shipping when you CK out and she'll ship it through the mail no charge, can't beat it.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I wash his face and make sure to dry it good every 3 days with Johnson's Baby Shampoo so it will not sting his eyes, I wash his face EVERY day with non-scented baby wipes, again the key is to after each wash is to make sure you totally dry the area, the wetness in the wrinkels is what causes yeast and smelly dog face. I have a special antifungal/yeast shampoo from our vet that I use about every 3 weeks when he gets a bath it is fabulous, no smelly dog and he is shedding at least 70% less, since we have been using it.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I use baby wipes every day and dry afterwards even though it is not wet it is still damp! Hope you find something that works! :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.