Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ACV experiment.

Lucy-licious

Default ACV experiment.

Billy has intermittently had bad tearstains....and because he has a white face they can look really nasty.

These last few weeks while he has had his cone on his tear stains had pretty much gone and his nose rope was white and clean.
    However, his cones been off for a few days now and they are back...not as bad yet, but back none the less.

Hmmm?? me thinks!! What was different?? Drops maybe??...but his bad eye was the other eye, on his brown side so if it were them then the tear stain wouldnt have gone on the white side.
    Then Chris mentioned that Billy was infact drinking less while his cone was on....hmmmm maybe its the water??

Filter jug bought and ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) to put in the water...just a capful in a large bowl.

So I will for now change nothing else, stick to my basic face cleaning routine and see if this works..if not I will try something else.

Here are some before shots to compare with...I'll update the pics next week.
    Wish us luck xx

Last edited by Lucy-licious; 06-05-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ACV experiment.

Billy's stains look so much better than baby Os and ......just recently Vegas's. Me thinks trying filtered water is a must for us too.

Lucy-licious

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    Billy's stains look so much better than baby Os and ......just recently Vegas's. Me thinks trying filtered water is a must for us too.

last time they went deep purple in just a week. so hopefully they wont get that bad this time x

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I am curious to see if the ACV helps. I have heard filtered water does help, but we have filtered water and here lately Hazels tear stains have gotten worse, so her's must be from allergies.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

interesting..... can't waiti to see the results
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Lucy-licious

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    I am curious to see if the ACV helps. I have heard filtered water does help, but we have filtered water and here lately Hazels tear stains have gotten worse, so her's must be from allergies.

We have a filter in the faucet....but I still bought a filter jug just to be sure

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

was wondering how it was going @Lucy-licious i have been using filtered water for my dogs but dont seem to be making a difference. sarah never ever had tears till she got spayed last year now she does if i feed her the wrong thing or her outside allergies act up. i may try some distilled water see if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by cowsmom; 06-09-2013 at 09:39 PM.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Watching this one with interest!

I think as long as I have pups with allergies, I'm going to have some degree of tear staining. Since it's been super duper allergy season and we've been spending a bunch of time outside, Bo is on a regular benedryl regimen -- and it's really helped. He gets 3 25mg tablets once a day with supper. If he doesn't have them, he'll have dots all over his tummy from laying in the grass! Bea doesn't get benedry often -- but after the "low tide itchies" the other day, I dosed her up real good after the bath she had. She was scratching her tummy raw.

It does drive me mad. It makes my dogs look like they're not kept well....and you know they are!

Lucy-licious

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    was wondering how it was going @Lucy-licious i have been using filtered water for my dogs but dont seem to be making a difference. sarah never ever had tears till she got spayed last year now she does if i feed her the wrong thing or her outside allergies act up. i may try some distilled water see if that makes a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    Watching this one with interest!

I think as long as I have pups with allergies, I'm going to have some degree of tear staining. Since it's been super duper allergy season and we've been spending a bunch of time outside, Bo is on a regular benedryl regimen -- and it's really helped. He gets 3 25mg tablets once a day with supper. If he doesn't have them, he'll have dots all over his tummy from laying in the grass! Bea doesn't get benedry often -- but after the "low tide itchies" the other day, I dosed her up real good after the bath she had. She was scratching her tummy raw.

It does drive me mad. It makes my dogs look like they're not kept well....and you know they are!
    Well tbh guys...so far there isnt much improvement...however I realised this morning that Billy is not drinking water from his dish that often...the little tinker is waiting to go outside then drinking the water from their little paddling pool. Of course this is unfiltered and has no ACV in.

Little tyke

So now what??

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

well either take away the pool or i guess there is not much you can do right now. just keep it handy. you could pour some acv in the pool

Lucy-licious

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    well either take away the pool or i guess there is not much you can do right now. just keep it handy. you could pour some acv in the pool
    seriously thought about that tbh
    I think emptying the pool when not in use is the best idea though. Then he'll have no choice but to drink his water from the bowl x

Doggie Boutique Owner FORDE'SMOM's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Forde
    Likes (Received)

what is the correct dosage of benedryl to give to our bullies, i am guessing so much per pound?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads