My Puppies back legs...

CBurns

Jun 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Niobe
I have a ten week old female. Last week she was favouring her front leg so I took her to the vet for x rays... Turned out to be a "muscle injury" from playing too much. She was on anti inflammatory drugs for a week and seemed fine. Last night she was super lazy and favour her hind legs. She can stand and she can walk but it's more of wobbling walk. She sits a lot and doesn't yelp when I touch her. Am I just being completely paranoid? I can't keep going to the vet every week they will think I'm nuts! Suggestions???

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I don't think you are paranoid, if your gut tells you something is wrong than there probably is. Wish I had some advice for you, only thing I can think of is taking her to the vet again. Even if its just to ease your mind. Trust me, they won't care, they will be glad to take your money!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Like Lisa said if you think there is something wrong, then a trip to the vet may be in order, better safe than sorry. Is she jumping off things or going up and down stairs. Seems like a lot of injuries for a pup. They do from time to time injure themselves from playing and are usually fine in a few days. If she is jumping off the couch or going down stairs, I would stop this because their growth plates are not fused yet and this could cause permanent damage to her joints. If you have kids, make sure they are not dropping her also.

OP
C

CBurns

Jun 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Niobe
She does do stairs or jump down from anything and I have no children. I've booked an appointment today with the vet. I don't have carpet in my place its all hardwood... Could be a traction thing. Thanks for the tips though

- - - Updated - - -

I meant to type doesn't do stairs lol

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=9028]CBurns[/MENTION] let us know how it goes at the vet. Hope she is OK. Mine have a hard time on the hardwood floors too sometimes, but they are getting better at it.

OP
C

CBurns

Jun 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Niobe
The vet said to wait a well it's too early to do anything... I've bought a bunch of carpet off cuts for my place for traction... So worried about her. I can't see this as being genetic because it only started last night. My baby is just being a suck I'm sure. I have to wait a week and if it doesn't improve I can get x rays. I hope all is well. Thanks for all your support

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Good advice from David and Lisa..follow your gut. If she checks out ok..and you still see signs of favoring, you can crate her and keep her as quiet as possible. It can take a couple weeks for the soreness to go away. Please let us know how she does!

Most Reactions