Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Default Change in poo color

So I am just full of questions lately. And I cant seem to find anything when I search the board. Ok So Daisys color has changed. Normally its really light like maybe and dark orangey color. Vet was ok with it. But the last two times she has went the first part of it is dark and then the rest of it is the orangey color. Is this normal?

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Change in poo color

Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    So I am just full of questions lately. And I cant seem to find anything when I search the board. Ok So Daisys color has changed. Normally its really light like maybe and dark orangey color. Vet was ok with it. But the last two times she has went the first part of it is dark and then the rest of it is the orangey color. Is this normal?
    Sheena, I always check Rocky's , mainly to see what he's been eating on when he can get away with it. Often Rocky will have dark and then light mixed in the same Dung…. I feed Rocky Blue Buffalo Sensitive formula, no Grain, and in the food are these little dark almost black BB size granules, and I attribute the colors of his poo to the colors of his food. My Vet has checked Rocky more than once, for worms, Heart worms, etc… and has never said anything about it for me to be concerned. Rocky is the typical Bully though, and will swallow anything that doesn't swallow him first, Except for his medicine, now thats a different thread all together……

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Is she eating anything different? Whenever i give Chumley carrots the beginning is brown and then the end is orange like you describe.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys She prolly has been eating too much dirt. We have our yard dug up right now And she is grabbing dirt as quickly as she can.

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

Great question, so glad you felt comfortable enough to ask it!
    This happens to Mona sometimes, too. I wonder if it's possibly several things? Maybe they aren't drinking enough water, could be allergies...
    Eddie: Patsy hasn't eaten since 1974.
    Patsy: A crisp, darling. A crisp.
    -Absolutely Fabulous-

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Amber and Ruby both have color changes to their poo; lighter, darker, I would say it is normal. Wait until they get a box of crayons.......that makes for the most colorful rainbow poo you have ever seen. My daughter is band from crayons for life. Amber has eaten hers and my grandsons crayons. Ruby had blue poo last week from eating some of the pee pad.......no more pee pads for her....

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatina38 View Post
    Amber and Ruby both have color changes to their poo; lighter, darker, I would say it is normal. Wait until they get a box of crayons.......that makes for the most colorful rainbow poo you have ever seen. My daughter is band from crayons for life. Amber has eaten hers and my grandsons crayons. Ruby had blue poo last week from eating some of the pee pad.......no more pee pads for her....

Hillarious !!

Real Name
    Cyndi
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mayhem
    Likes (Received)

LOL

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Lmao! That is way too great! Shes acting just fine. So Im not going to worry too much ... Thanks

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys She prolly has been eating too much dirt. We have our yard dug up right now And she is grabbing dirt as quickly as she can.
    Yes, can be very normal based on what they eat..... Cheli (my Frenchie) LOVES to eat the grass clippings, so his is a dark green the day after mowing. Banks like to eat dirt so hers goes between light brown and very dark brown (dirt).

WHER THE HECK IS THE PICTURE!!! Rainbow LOL!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

We see this with our raw-fed dogs. We check the poop color to determine if they've had too much of something. We try to target the brown to dark-brown range...

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Real Name
    Nikki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

Kinda gross thread, but actually, when we changed mack to fromm, his poop changed to a golden color and stayed that way. We just started the switch to merrick so I will let you know what happens as the ratio of merrick to fromm increases and then is just merrick!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Remove Ads