General Question Noise Ater Palate Surgery Is this Normal?

Kprice

May 22, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Hello, my Ollie had palate surgery yesterday. He is NOT a happy camper. He seems to be making more noise then he every has. The vet says that it is normal for a few days until the swelling goes down, it was done by laser. Boy am I nervous and I feel bad for him. Has anyone had the same problem after surgery with their EB. He also does not want to drink water...but he will eat soft food (chicken hot dogs dipped in water/cut up). :ashamed:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Give him ice... it helps with the swelling. My Frenchie just has this surgery and he is g=doing great - first night was very unsettled and made strange almost like a cat does when try to cough up a hair ball. Cheli is four days in and he is not even snoring anymore.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i dont know about this but i just wanted to say i hope your boy gets better soon.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think with the swelling of the throat area plus anesthesia I'm sure he's just in the recovery stage... I have not experienced this surgery but just my thoughts... But I always say to go with your gut... No one knows your baby like you do and if you feel something's not right I would certainly call your vet. :hug:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
K

Kprice

May 22, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Thank you. Today is full day number 2 of recovery....he still doesn't want to drink water. I was not expecting this type of recovery. I thought it would be a little easier for him. He's still making some noise but now he's doing a lot of swallowing saliva. Tomorrow is our follow up appointment. I'm worried for him that somethings not right.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you. Today is full day number 2 of recovery....he still doesn't want to drink water. I was not expecting this type of recovery. I thought it would be a little easier for him. He's still making some noise but now he's doing a lot of swallowing saliva. Tomorrow is our follow up appointment. I'm worried for him that somethings not right.

Well, of course you are worried about precious Ollie...he's your baby!

Praying for him right now and hoping a clean bill of recovery tomorrow.

:pray: Please let us know...GOD bless!

xtina615

May 31, 2013
Nashville, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky / Chunk / Chunky Butt
Oy. My Bully is scheduled for this surgery on the 12th of this month- so this makes me so nervous. He is also having the surgery done via laser. Please update us over the next few days on how his recovery is coming. Best wishes to Ollie!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.