URGENT!!! Duke arrived! Need some help

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Duke arrived he is going to the vet tonight. He has a mark in his ear. He was cleared by the hungarian vet on Tuesday with a clean bill of health. He might have mange. Could this have developed due to the stress of a 2 day travel? Ill post a pic. image.jpg

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oooo! I knw nothing..but [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] does...
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]... [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

Im glad he's here safe...:love:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Duke arrived he is going to the vet tonight. He has a mark in his ear. He was cleared by the hungarian vet on Tuesday with a clean bill of health. He might have mange. Could this have developed due to the stress of a 2 day travel? Ill post a pic.View attachment 45214

I would say yes. good thing you're going to the vet tonight. poor boy has a lot of adjustment coming up.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Is it contagious? I won't be able to take him to vet till 7pm? Is it hard to get rid of?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
not contagious, can be hard to treat, must get immune system back up. I see a spot on his head too, he may have had it for quite a while

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes, stress can bring it on, but it looks like he has had it for a little while. He needs some antibiotics to get rid of it. Give some yogurt, and get some NuVet Plus to help build his immune system. I wouldn't let the vet do the dip on him, it's hard on them. Get his immune system built up and the antibiotics will get it under control.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Well I'm at the vet, they say he's healthy, it's not mange, says its an ear infection, and the scabbing is from him scratching at his ears. I'm going to follow up with my bulldog vet next week. But I'm releived it's not mange.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
good thing to know, thank you for the update.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
good thing to know, thank you for the update. :whew:

Now let's see the rest of the little fella PLease :smoochwink:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Glad to hear its not mange, and an infection that can be treated with antibiotics. You can also put Polysporin ointment directly on his ear to help heal it, and to soften the scab. Adding yogurt to his food, and apple cider vinegar to his drinking water will help boost his immune system as well. Congratulations on your new baby, and looking forward to seeing pictures of him.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Awww poor Duke. How's he doing today? What a long road he had.

Hea doing good! He's settling in. The first couple nights you could tell he was kinda stunned from the journey. He's definately settling in and being a little puppy. Omg he puts everything in his mouth. 100x's worse than duchess ever did! He's doing good with potty training. Only thing is when I take him out of crate initially he gets super excited and pizzles a little. Another thing at the ripe young age of 12 weeks he has already attempted to hump duchess. I def got my hands full. I'm taking duchess for her annual on the 14th and ill bring him along also so he can get a thorough physical by my bulldog vet. I drive 1.5hrs each way to see him so it's a bit tough. But he knows his stuff. It's so awesome seeing the difference in personalities between duchess and duke. Duchess was always a prissy mouthy look at me type of pup. Where as duke is more of the very assertive and bold- no need to be mouthy cause he knows he's gonna get his way regardless type. And then there's little Lucas the 8 year old 3LB Chihuaha who gets to the highest point of the couch he can and just watches them play~ he's like ugh will you idiots give it a rest. It's pretty funny seeing a Chihuaha lead two bulldogs on a walk.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online