Help Needed! He hurt his paw?

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Not sure what happened and its the strangest thing! He walks fine, he doesn't yelp when walking or anything. I do not see anything in it but there is one part of his paw that is tender it seems. He lets me clean it with peroxide but if you push on it he crys and pulls away. I do not see anything stuck, I don't see any cuts or cysts. It is a spot underneath his toe. We would not have even known if my husband didnt squeeze his paw the other day while they were playing. Any ideas? It doesn't look inflammed either. :confused:

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I guess it's possible! He has been acting like a nut lately so maybe he just landed on it wrong??

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Not sure what happened and its the strangest thing! He walks fine, he doesn't yelp when walking or anything. I do not see anything in it but there is one part of his paw that is tender it seems. He lets me clean it with peroxide but if you push on it he crys and pulls away. I do not see anything stuck, I don't see any cuts or cysts. It is a spot underneath his toe. We would not have even known if my husband didnt squeeze his paw the other day while they were playing. Any ideas? It doesn't look inflammed either. :confused:

Hey Lauren, just an idea, my cocker spaniels use to walk across certain grass, that had these sand spurs in them, little balls, with thorns sticking out in every direction, they were so spoiled, when they stepped on one, they would just stop and wait for me to come pick them up and remove the spur, then set them back down, and off they would go to do their business. But sometimes in removing them, a small needle like object would break off between their pads, and it was so aggravating, my eyesight, not as good as it use to be, and having to use tweezers to dig it out, but they would be in pain until I did so, and walk with a limp until I could get good light to see it. I figured out, all grass is not their friend. Hope this helps. Hope its something as simple, and you can find it before it gets infected.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hey Lauren, just an idea, my cocker spaniels use to walk across certain grass, that had these sand spurs in them, little balls, with thorns sticking out in every direction, they were so spoiled, when they stepped on one, they would just stop and wait for me to come pick them up and remove the spur, then set them back down, and off they would go to do their business. But sometimes in removing them, a small needle like object would break off between their pads, and it was so aggravating, my eyesight, not as good as it use to be, and having to use tweezers to dig it out, but they would be in pain until I did so, and walk with a limp until I could get good light to see it. I figured out, all grass is not their friend. Hope this helps. Hope its something as simple, and you can find it before it gets infected.

Thanks for the info! That is my biggest concern, I do not want it to get infected. I am going to have to thoroughly inspect it again tonight to see if i can see anything. My husband wasn't home yesterday and every time I tried he pulled away so i will have to have him hold Winston so I can get a good look!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OUCH.... this happens with Banks a lot... she gets little tiny stones/pebbles stuck in her paws -- now I check her after she comes in... hopefully it is not anything serious and there is just a small cut that can be easily cleaned up

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Thanks everyone! I came home and really examined it. There is a tiny cut there that looks like it could have been from a small rock or pebble but it's not in there. I cleaned it up with peroxide and put some neosporin on it! He didn't cry or flinch this time so it must not be bothering him really anymore! :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.