Bleeding toes - from base of nail.

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
First, I apologize I dont have pics, Colossus doesnt stand still long enough for me to get them.

Onto the story, yesterday when I was taking him for a walk I noticed some bleeding coming from his second toe (from the outside) at the base of the claw/nail (behind the "hair line"). I immediately turned us around, took him home, and washed him up. It doesnt bleed when we are playing outside in the yard, in the carpet, or even the wood floors. He doesnt limp, whine, walk gingerly or anything. he doesnt like his toes touched at all in general (afraid hes going to get his nails clipped, and they really arent long).

Has anyone experienced this?

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
When Amber was about 5 months old she ripped her toe nail off at the base and it scared all of us to death. I tried to wrap it but she will have nothing to do with anything on her other than her fur. So, we soaked it in epsom salts daily, dried it out and put neosporan on it. After a few days her toenail fell off and a new one grew after a little while. It bothered us more than her, so, keep it clean and watch it and if it starts giving her trouble maybe a trip to the vet. Get the epsom salts at Wal-mart in the big bucket for a few bucks. Good luck.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
so, the bleeding is up where the nail starts on the paw?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.