Diarrhea to the hilt

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I have been feeding Ace Whole Earth Farms and about three different varieties of Fromm. He is on his third 15 pound bag of WEF with no problems, likes it and tolerates it well. Better stools and etc. Just got a new bag of Whole Earth Farms and the last two feedings [ I feed Ace twice a day, once in the am and once in the pm] And last night a bit of steak on his kibble as a topping. This morning out of the crate for the routine of potty and he pooped and turned around fast to look at it and then in less than a minute pooped again. Runny and loose.
I told my wife that I hope he doesn't poop in the crate. Well my wife comes home for lunch around 2:30 and there is poop everywhere in his crate on the three towels in his crate on the sheet that covers his crate on the wall behind the crate and all over the inside of the crate. She takes everything out and hoses it off and before he can get off the patio he has a runny poop. She called the vet, the dog is eating, drinking and showing no lethargy so the vet says get him some pepto bismol. I get home about 6:45 and he hasn't pooped in the crate so I take him out and he poops twice in two minutes and has pooped about two or three times since. He is active, he ate supper, though I fed him less tonight. And gave him the pepto. He is his normal self except for the runny poop. He hasn't pooped yet since eating supper. Oh the joy and excitement of Bulldogdom.

OP
Rural mystic

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
The last two feeding were all Whole Earth Farms from the new bag and like I said some steak on top last night. Don't know what it is may be something he ate in the yard or an intestinal bug or... I called the store where I get his feed, They only sale top shelf feed and no junk. I wanted to see if any other's have complained about the latest batch of WEF's but they were closed for the day

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I would get him some canned pumpkin..the 100% pumpkin..not the pie filling. It will help..and maybe the bland diet for a few days to settle his tummy. This would give you some time to try and figure this out.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
1 tablespoon of plain pumpkin a day. and definitely the bland diet like Becky said

OP
Rural mystic

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Thanks for the advice. So far so good. I feed him tonight about half his usual amount and this time about three quarters Whole Earth Farms and Fromm beef frittata. That was about three hours ago and right before one child sized pepto bismol tablet. So far so good. Not as much thunder from his belly. Actually very little at all the last hour. Before that if he wasn't squirting poop or farting his stomach was thundering so much you could hear it several feet away. But all this time he has been in a cheerful mood and wanting to play. And of course looking for mischief or something to eat

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm thinking the steak is what got him. Sensitive tummy. Glad he is better tonight.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
same thing here Tim, The one time I fed Rocky some steak with his food, and boy oh boy did I regret it, Steak of all things….Go Figure, but same deal as your going through with Ace….

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
This sounds so much like my Truman.

He is fine but, if you give him one thing that doesn't agree with him, he becomes a poop sprinkler!

As the other said, bland diet until you get a solid stool ... then skip the steak, because cleaning poop off the walls is no fun! :)

Hope everyone is feeling better!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I agree with all of the above. No kibble .. just the bland diet of white rice and either ground beef or chicken. Do that for 2-3 days until he see tootsie roll :poo: and then start to add in your Whole Earth Farms kibble. I would stick to that instead of trying to introduce the Fromm. If you change too much at once you will never know the true reason why the problem started.

OP
Rural mystic

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Thanks for all the concern and advice. Ace is so much better today. He didn't crap in his crate last night and his poop this morning though soggy seemed better to me. And this evening when he did his business it was much improved. Just about back to normal. So since the squirts I only feed his kibble and about half as much at each meal. That and given him a children's dose of pepto bismol in tablet form.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Glad to hear he is improving.... keep us posted on how he is tomorrow

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
could be the steak or he just likes the mixture of fromm and wef together. you will know soon enough if you try to wean the fromm out again. if you have to keep mixing the two together wont hurt nothing. i hope he keeps improving.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Thanks for all the concern and advice. Ace is so much better today. He didn't crap in his crate last night and his poop this morning though soggy seemed better to me. And this evening when he did his business it was much improved. Just about back to normal. So since the squirts I only feed his kibble and about half as much at each meal. That and given him a children's dose of pepto bismol in tablet form.
Sure am glad to hear this Tim..... Poor guy.....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online