Tomorrow is the day

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
Pickle is getting spayed tomorrow, is there any thing I should be worried about? Things I should pay attentioned to? Any tricks to make them feel more comfortable?

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Not to worry, spaying is one of the best ways to help your dog live a long and happy life - not to mention eliminate some unpleasant behaviors!

I would just be positive and upbeat, as our bullies pick up on our anxiety, and before you know it, Pickle will be back home with you!

I am not too familiar with the female spay but I know when we got our bullies neutered, it took about 8 hours of "hey, am I missing something?" before things were back to normal! :)

Good luck!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle is getting spayed tomorrow, is there any thing I should be worried about? Things I should pay attentioned to? Any tricks to make them feel more comfortable?

Good luck with Pickle tomorrow. It will all work out fine. Just like what has been said, only thing you might have to worry about is trying to keep her calm after you get home. She'll be back to normal in no time. Little ball of energy!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
No matter what..you will worry. It just comes with the territory! Just make ure your vet uses Isoflourane gas..it's the safest way to anesthetize our Bully's! Make ure and let us know as soon as she gets the all clear! :)

OP
xsubsailor

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
She is in good hands but I'm a worried Daddy. I will let you guys know when she's out.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We will be thinking of her. The only thing is just try to keep her quiet for about 7 days and check her incision for infection and that's about it.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Sorry Chas & Pickle, missed your post but I'm sure all went well...how is Pickle
tonight?

I'll be spaying Cami in another month, she's been here 2 months and want to
give her another month here before surgery & recuperation. She's a retired
breeder and 5 y/o so it's more difficult on them.

At her age they are prone to cancers and Pyrometra, a deadly & fast acting
infection so it must be done. I understand your worries, I lost a bully to surgery
complications so spaying Cami filled me w/fear but I will trust in GOD's protection.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thoughts are with you and Pickle :hug:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
xsubsailor

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
Pickle is home and doin well but she just can't get comfy. She's still a little dazed and is just moving from spot to spot looking at me. She is now 34 pounds and the doc said that she is healthy and will be back to her old self in a short time. :clap2:

In addition he mentioned that although we were watching her luxating patella, there seems to be less movement from the last time he checked her. I started adding NuJoint plus to her breakfast along with her
NuVet Plus - maby thats helping.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Woo Hoo!! Good to hear!! She will be back to normal in no time. :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Pickle is home and doin well but she just can't get comfy. She's still a little dazed and is just moving from spot to spot looking at me. She is now 34 pounds and the doc said that she is healthy and will be back to her old self in a short time. :clap2:

In addition he mentioned that although we were watching her luxating patella, there seems to be less movement from the last time he checked her. I started adding NuJoint plus to her breakfast along with her
NuVet Plus - maby thats helping.

great news on the surgery and the knee!! Keep us posted.... with pictures, please! :D

OP
xsubsailor

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
Sorry, how could i forget about the pictures. This is her normal position yesterday IMG_0357.jpgIMG_0354.jpg

here's her surgery mark - IMG_0360.jpg

But she is running around today like her normal crazy self. She hasn't shown any signs of being in pain except the one yelp when she tried to jump up from the sitting position.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online