George with Cystinuria, a year on..

pigbaxterboo

Oct 16, 2011
Portland,Dorset,UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Baxter and George
Not been on here in a while, just thought I'd share a little update :)

Can't believe it's been just over a year since George was having surgery to unblock stones from his urethra. It took me a long while to get my head round feeding raw but we took the plunge last August, my only regret is not starting sooner, the difference in him is nothing short of amazing!! I can honestly say he looks to be thriving and I'm so please compared to how he was before. He's not on any meds but I add a herbal supplement and add water to his meals and encourage him to drink between meals when I can. So we're quietly celebrating...but not counting our chickens (hate speaking too soon) but we have our fingers very firmly crossed that I'm doing something right for him!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Good job and congrats, he looks amazing. He does remind me of my Usko, who also has had an operation to remove stones(urate though), is eating raw and is doing great!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wonderful news! So glad to hear how well he is doing. Great job! He's beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
pigbaxterboo

pigbaxterboo

Oct 16, 2011
Portland,Dorset,UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Baxter and George
Thanks, I'm really pleased we've got this far :)

Good job and congrats, he looks amazing. He does remind me of my Usko, who also has had an operation to remove stones(urate though), is eating raw and is doing great!

Good news on Usko too, I guess that's him in your pictures, very similar markings aren't they!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
what great news.... always good to hear progress reports. Keep up the great work

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Interesting, because a friend of mine has a bulldog with the cystine stones and she has been told to put him on a vegetarian diet by her vet!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.