General Question Post Soft Palate Surgery concern.

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
So Stoagie recently got soft palate surgery, Tuesday actually, while getting his neutering done. Everything went well and hes healing up just fine. Soft food for a week, no excitement, ect. BUT I am just curious if this excessive drooling we've been experiencing with him is normal??? Its way more than before. T.I.A

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I haven't got direct experience of this .. however I do think that some drooling is expected. If you really are concerned I would give your vet who did the surgery a quick call. It will put your mind at rest! :yes:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola got hers done 8 days ago. we don't see excessive drooling but i can see why it might happen. Lola has been panting more and its been shallow panting. and a little snotty. stitches still havent absorbed/ fallen out, and we're still on soft food. tilapia and rice in the morn, raw beef medallions from nvi for dinner

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
When we had Jewel done, she did fine with not drooling.

OP
Stoagie713

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
I tried calling and they were busy...then closed. :/ I will call again tomorrow. He does not seem sickly, lethargic, or depressed....just bored due to the fact that we took away all of his overly exciting toys lol. He's just drooling and getting it all over his chin which he didnt do before. Thank you for the input.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I know some is expected.... let us know what the vet has to say once you get to talk with them. Could just be the stitches bothering him

OP
Stoagie713

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
Hey all!!! First and foremost, his drooling is extremely decreased, back to normal really[: And I did talk to the vet, he said it was normal because his nerves needed to heal from the surgery. Thanks for the help and concern.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hey all!!! First and foremost, his drooling is extremely decreased, back to normal really[: And I did talk to the vet, he said it was normal because his nerves needed to heal from the surgery. Thanks for the help and concern.

Wonderful to hear this and many thanks for both posts and educating us.

Please give sweet Stoagie extra love from Carol, Cami & CoCo (the cat)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Great to hear.... give the boy a hug from us!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.