Other Emergency trip to the animal hospital

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Just got back from the vet. Everything is ok, but had quite the scare. Remi yelped in pain out of nowhere and started dragging his left hind leg. By the time I got him to the car, he was just limping. When i rushed him to the vet, his leg was fine. The vet couldn't find anything wrong but said his excitement and adrenaline could. E masking the pain. Looks like the limp is back. He's on strict rest and on pain meds. We all know bulldogs are in a league of their own when it comes to pain tolerance. Will keep everyone updated. He also had a high fever. Weird, right?

I think he may have pulled something at the park. Please don't let it be a acl issue.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hug:, prayers and positive thoughts all heals up soon!

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Hope it's nothing serious... I use to stare at zeus cause I felt like he was limping but wasn't sure... The husband says its a moms over protective instinct since he didn't see anything different by the way he walks. .well it goes away. And then months later I think I see him walking funny again. But I guess I'm just tripping :whew:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aw poor Remi and you. Hopefully it's not anything too serious and he has a quick recovery. Maybe he just bruised something. Rest, pain meds, and lots of love from Mama will help him heal. Sending love hugs and prayers your way that Remi is back to himself soon. Please keep us posted. Get better Remi buddy

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Keep us posted Jane, I don't like to hear that his temp was high, hoping he didn't pull something , poor baby boy

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hopefully he just pulled or moved wrong and will be fine tomorrow.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh I feel your pain!!!

Linus did something similar about a month ago. We had some kind of stomach bug in our household and the dogs seemed to be passing it around. Well when Linus got it he was in his crate, that was fully locked, and somehow he managed to pull a houdini and escape it. In the process he must have hurt his left front leg. The limp didnt' start immediately until he and Daddy decided to run laps around the whole back yard. Then the limp would go, and it would come back, it would go and it would come back. In the end Tom took the day off for something and reported that LInus did not limp one little bit, totally fine. As soon as I came home LInus limped to the back door to meet me. To this day Tom says he's putting it on for me. Hmmmm.... by the way we had one very very busy weekend with board meetings for the Rescue, and work. I was so busy that I wasnt' paying too much attention til it got to Sunday and I suddenly realised that because I hadn't paid a whole lot of attention to Linus the mysterious limp had totally disappeared. I say again Hmmmm....... :bigeyes:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.