Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone had to have hip dysplasia surgery on both hips at the same time?

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member Bruno and Gidget's Avatar
    Real Name
    Gloria
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno & Gidget
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Has anyone had to have hip dysplasia surgery on both hips at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by RipleyandBentley View Post
    Gloria,
    Sorry to hear about the issues with Bruno. It sounds like you have been through it all with your guy. I hope they get him fixed up soon and he is on his way to a speedy recovery. They had to do a FHO on Ripley, yes both at the same time because they were both injured and he wouldn't be able to stand or pull himself up with the other leg anyways. So they just did them both so he wouldn't have to do another surgery or risk another injury to his legs. Makes sense, uh? They normally will not do this and we originally were not looking to do it this way, but some how he injured his better leg over the weekend and just was shutting down due to the pain he was in. So they decided to do both at the same time. Thanks for your story and I hope you get some relief with Bruno as well and hang in there.. Julie
    No problem Julie. You hang in there too. We all want the best for our babies.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Has anyone had to have hip dysplasia surgery on both hips at the same time?

The FHO is what Amelia's Orthopedic Vet is anticipating she will need for her luxated hips. She's only 11 weeks old right now though and he is thinking it will probably be done when she is about a year old, depending on how she acts. Right now she really doesn't act like she has any issues or pain. Sometimes she seems to be a tiny bit stiff when she first gets up out of her crate after sleeping, but it doesn't last long.

So I'll be interested in hearing how Ripley does. Please keep us posted.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Get well soon Ripley - and yes, let us know how he progresses!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads