Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I'd get him to the vet and have a scraping done Sheldon did that only it was on his head and it ended up being Demadex.

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
No, we haven't put any more flea meds on since that first time.

It just seems to have grown bigger, he doesn't scratch or seem like he itches much.

No he hasn't run a thyroid test, he didnt mention anything about that when I was in. Just said the spot looked really dry.

The patch is very flaky like dandruff and flakes everywhere when you scratch it. It seems to have gotten worse with the heat so I'm not sure if that could be the cause.

I've also noticed though that he's been licking at his paws a lot lately, could that be a sign of allergies?

This happened to Bo as a puppy, it was demadex. They can do a scrape to diagnose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
I would get a scrape done and a thyroid test these two tests will rule out a lot of things. I would use a shampoo that contains [FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]sulfur and salicylic acid to remove the scales. Paw licking could [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]definitely be a sign of allergies. It could be environmental or food. To help relieve the itching you can give benadryl (generic is fine) 1mg per 1lb of dog 2-3 times a day. If the itching is caused by grass or something Barkley is walking in foot soaks will give him some relief. This is a great video on how to do it. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb3bi-FQL2o Good Luck! Let us know how it goes.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I agree with everyone else, go to the vet and get the scrape done, we had an issue like that with Bacon when he was a puppy and it was a spot of staff

Staff online

Members online