To the vet for Beefy tomorrow

Ann Farley Hamilton

Jul 21, 2010
Brookline, NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Hamilton's Irish Mack we call him Mack and Blossom
I am not sure how you can tell if they know what they're doing or not, go with your gut feeling that's usually always right for me. My gut told me the vet that LIBR sent me to with Blossom was not this wonderful bulldog vet that they had been led to believe. No fault of theirs, they're in NY and I am in NH I think someone took a bully there once and did OK and told someone he was a great bulldog vet. I knew the min. he said it didn't matter what food she eat and grains were fine for her. That was the last time I went I have taken here twice to my vet and paid myself rather then go back there. We have a new vet at our vets office and when I took Blossom I knew I was going to love Dr. Jenna when she spent an hour and a half with her on our first appointment.

Please see if you can that ointment I told you about that goes into his anal and try using the F3W wipes because they're a little stronger and have more of a drying factor then the F1W. Mack does not do well on the F1W wipes at all they can sometimes make it worse. I am here if I can help just let me know or you know you can call anytime, good luck

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
ok so i got the f3 wipes YAY!! they had them finally , they are going to order the cream YAY again and if its not better in or improved in 10-14 days its the antibiotic that [MENTION=897]Ann Farley Hamilton[/MENTION] suggested she said if this doesnt work that def will. Also she said to keep the same diet and if in 6 more weeks he's not improved we'll change diet and he has to take a daily enzyte and probiotic. Thanks for the concern!!! i lub u guys

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Good news to hear. I hope you finally nip this in the bud! Or bully butt :)

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
lol yes bully butt . well i do have some bad news.....he has gained weight....he now weighs 73lbs but the vet said for his build its a good weight

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
73? Wow, that's almost two of Gracie. Glad to hear he is doing better. Gracie goes in this morning to get her stitches from her hernia surgery taken out. Then we are gonna go see if we can find a coat for her. ;) Oh yeah, a new coat for Lari too.. lol

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] Thanks i am glad Princess Gracie made it thru surgery ok. Dinah (puppy i'm planning on adopting) has a hernia too but they may not be able to remove it because of her heart condition. I tried to get Beefy a coat at petsmart yesterday but...they wouldnt fit.:angry:Also who is Lari???

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=355]gatorfan85[/MENTION] I don't have much luck with clothes for Maggie at Petsmart either. I bought her a bright orange halloween dress with a black fur trim in L and it was so tight around her chest I don't think she could breathe! The next size up XL was gi-normous!!!! However, at the moment I have a mini schnauzer prancing around the house in a bright orange dress looking very very pleased with herself! :lol:

Ann Farley Hamilton

Jul 21, 2010
Brookline, NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Hamilton's Irish Mack we call him Mack and Blossom
[MENTION=355]gatorfan85[/MENTION] So glad you got the wipes and that the cream is on the way I think you will see a difference, I hope. Right about the food it can take a good 6 weeks for it all to start working patience is what we need when changing foods or diets. It sounds like you're like me don't have any I want to see it work now, so if it's not I can find something that will. If having bullies has taught me anything it's patience's.

OK you guys as far as bully cloths Lou s doggie boutique she's here on this site, FB and her web site. Stuff made just for bullies so it fits right. Also London Canine Couture bully cloths to she's on FB. Good luck no what kind of coat I put on Mack he goes into the woods with it on and comes out with out it, and then I have to go find it.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
good thats such great news!!!! ya i tried buying lex a coat at petsmart today and we need a xl and guess what NO XL's!!!!

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I went back to petsmart again lol but a diff one and the xxl won't even fit him lmao. his chest is so massive and wide !!!!! I am going to order a shirt from CPP or LCC

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
goodness you should post some pics of mr beefy i didnt think he was that wide, pics dont really do justice either

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Glad to hear the prognosis is good! The enzyme and probotics should really help.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.