Help Needed! Found old & new blood this morning!!!!!

mommy2zeus

Mar 9, 2012
Northumberland, Pennsylvania, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
I don't know what I am going to do with this bullie of mine! I noticed something around Zeus' tail this morning, which is very tight against his hiney, and saw some dried blood and it looked a little red and swollen! I got some papertowels and wiped it and got some fresh blood from the area and the most of the dried blood off. I had to leave for work so there wasn't much more I could do. I am going to check it when I get home and make sure nothing major is going on, clean him up and dry him off really good and put some Neosporan on it. He can't reach the area so I know it will stay on.

Plus, the pads on his back feet are a little red and puffy! I think I have a very allergy prone bullie. He is getting Benydrl twice a day!!!!!

I am very worried about my little man!!!! I am very upset and trying to stay calm cuz I just found out a month ago that I am pregnant and can't get all worked up!!!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Take a deep breath, I wonder if its a contact allergy since its all in the back? Like something he sits on a lot?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We noticed lately Bacon's tail pocket has been kind of raw from allergies too. We've been wiping it out daily with Witch Hazel and its been helping.

OP
mommy2zeus

mommy2zeus

Mar 9, 2012
Northumberland, Pennsylvania, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Take a deep breath, I wonder if its a contact allergy since its all in the back? Like something he sits on a lot?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Yes, he sits on that side a lot more than the other side! I almost cried when I saw it cuz he has been to the vet a lot lately and I can't afford to take him again!

I will definitely try the Witch Hazel! Thank you!!!!!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
My vet recommends using hydrogin peroxide to clean the tail pocket area because it has a drying agent in it for such a moist area. I clean it and then dry off with a cloth. He said to never use water. Hope he is better soon!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with the others.... it is the time of year. Banks has lots of moisture issues and there is blood when I wipe under her tail... it is just raw under there from all the allergies. keep it dry and clean - unfortunately, it is the norm for our Bully babies. I also use witch hazel on cotton pad

:hug:

Most Reactions