JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I finally got a good look into Sally's mouth last night while she was sleeping and thought I'd share her teeth with you all, or lack of teeth. I knew she was missing nearly a row on the upper lefts but hadn't really gotten a good look at the rest of her mouth since got sick and I didn't want to poke around at her too much.

Poor girl, here's her mouth and lack of teeth.

Uppers
Left

• Missing all front little teeth.
  • Missing left upper canine and all upper teeth except the very last molar

Little teeth missing

Right

• Missing upper canine and only has one molar.

Lowers
  • Missing all lower front middle teeth
  • Has both lower canines
  • Has all remaining lower teeth.

Last edited:

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Oh my. Poor poor baby. Can she eat dry food and treats? Not like they really know the word "chew" - right? Momo is a little hoover when it comes to eating.
Once again all I can say is she is one lucky lucky girl!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Poor girl. But uh, are teeth really necessary for bullies? :D.. I mean, they don't exactly chew, just swallow whatever tastes good.. :ROFL:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeannie, do you know why Sally lost all her teeth? periodontal disease and they had to be pulled?

Henny, I have no idea why. I know she had some pulled she when she was at the shelter but I my thought it was a couple. I don't know if they pulled all of them or not. I was told they were in "bad shape" only.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Henny, I have no idea why. I know she had some pulled she when she was at the shelter but I my thought it was a couple. I don't know if they pulled all of them or not. I was told they were in "bad shape" only.

Hmmm...she could have had some abscessed teeth in the past. Finn's tooth had to be extracted for that reason. In any case, it seems like Sally's able to eat her food well so that's great. And the missing teeth sure don't mess with that beautiful smile and face of hers! :luv:

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
That says a lot about her diet needs, and why she may not be eating as much as she normally would if she struggles with kibble. I'm really surprised she's eating kibble at all with her teeth. Poor Dear…..

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Poor sweet Sally! I'm glad she eats fine though.... she's such a doll, teeth or not! :luv:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Our 7 year old bully Bre was missing a bunch of her teeth too. The only thing she struggled with was raw that wasn't cut up for her. No problem with treats or anything that I remember.

I think they get along pretty well with a limited number of teeth. Lol

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
none of mine chew, what the heck is chewing :blink: they just bolt their food to the back and swallow ,,,,, a lot of grunting , snorting , and then a good swallow :2thumbs: good for her Jeannie,

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
From what I understand they can do pretty well without them. My daughter had to have all the teeth pulled on her maltese recently. They are notorious for developing dental problems as they age and if they are too bad they can get really sick if not pulled. I think the little dog does pretty good without them, eats the kibble and all. And they chew more than a bulldog when eating from my observation. Bulldogs inhale food

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've been pretty surprised to say the least. She even chewed on a nylabone today. I really thought at first she'd have some problems but I've left dry kibble for her in her crate and she's finished all of it.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=9236]Lisabear123[/MENTION] here's Sally teeth pictures, or lack of teeth. Doesn't really seem to affect her though overall.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.