Help Needed! Is this Puppy Impetigo (Puppy Pyoderma, Juvenile Pustular Dermatitis)

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
The last couple of days, I've been noticing Remi's chin is getting red and irritated. I thought perhaps it was because he kept eating grass clippings and giving himself an allergic reaction, but now I'm not so sure. Could this be some kind of dermatitis?

Cleaned his face really well this morning and cleaned the area with a Duoxo pad. Should I start doing this twice a day? Any ideas??

redface.jpg

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Looks like chin acne, very common in his age. Best thing to do is try to keep it clean and dry. Summertime you will probably notice an increase in the acne as they drink more leaving it wet a lot. The wipes you are using will help remove bacteria.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Looks like chin acne, very common in his age. Best thing to do is try to keep it clean and dry. Summertime you will probably notice an increase in the acne as they drink more leaving it wet a lot. The wipes you are using will help remove bacteria.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Crazy, because that area is crusty and dry.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great picture.... I agree with Lisa -- acne.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I was going to say acne too but since Christine and Lisa have already said it I'm just gonna say...

LOOK AT THE FACE!!! :inlove:

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Rosacia ??? idk, Rocky's face is red where the white hair is around his mouth just like Remi... I clean his face with Duoxo pads, but its still Red, I thought from chasing and attacking his plastic bottles when he's playing soccer, in the house.... My Vet checked him over the other day, and never said a word about it.... and it was Rock's annual visit.