Help Needed! Should I be worryed.

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi bully mamma and papas ;).

Coco got spayed on Wednesday and is heaping well. The only problem av got is she's off her food. She's drinking but should I be worried ?? Thx.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Yikes, she hasn't had anything to eat since Wednesday?! I would bribe with peanut butter. If she doesn't take that, call the vet.

(Many of us have a serious issue with keeping our bullies resting for those few days haha. Usually they spring back pretty fast. This definitely warrants concern but I hope I didn't freak you out)

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Sorry a didn't explain too good. She has ate bits off chicken breast and bits a cupple of treats but but not touched her biscuits since thursday. She's has runnyish poo and yesterday it looked a bit red/Orangeish if that makes sense. I know what you mean tho about trying to keep them calm :) tbh today is the 1st time she has played with her toys :) should I just see if she picks up what do you think x x

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
lola was sick to her stomach for 245 hours post surgery, but ate chicken and rice for a few days. even a little bit in her tummy will be good and i'm sure she will be more and more hungry as days go on. Lola had palate surgery on wednesday, and she's just beginnign to eat a bit of rice and fish. I think the antibiotics and pain meds make her a little sick to her stomach, and they need to be taken with food so that doesnt help. Poo will be whack for a bit, until she's back on her normal food schedule. drinking water is an excellent sign tho. :)

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
We're taking her to the vets now she can't breath il give u a up date ASAP

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Omg guys what a night :(. !!

Rite 1st of all coco is on the mend !!
She was really struggling to get her breath all of a sudden a looked at her wound that I checked this morning and was fine !!! Well it was weeping a greenly liquid from the bottom stich. Anyway we to her right down and the vet says she got a bad infection and the breathing was cause she couldn't stand the pain so she was panting to get thro it !!! Sooo scary. They cleane the wound and give a shot of strong painkiller and a shot off antibiotic. A explained to the vet that it just happened with in 30 mins and the vet said dogs can get ill suddenly :(. So I have just got to keep a very close eye on her. Poor baby seen the vet and tryed to bolt out the door. :(. Xx

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368909653.264998.jpg

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Poor baby! Happy to hear that you got her to the vet to get her the medications. Hope she is feeling better really soon!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hey there, I'm so sorry poor Coco had to go thru what she did but am SO GLAD to hear she's improving. That's very scary! Please give her a kiss and snuggle from us! :hug2:

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Will do thanks guys. A was worried sick. I wont sleep tonight cause al be panicking incase she has bad breathing again :(. Just glad she's on the mend

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
That is so terrifying. SO glad you trusted your instinct and took her to the vet lickedly split.

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Coco still is off her food guys. She will eat bits of chicken breast and the odd treat but isn't eating her biscuits. She is drinking plenty but hasnt had a poop for 3 days :(. Could it be the antibiotic ? I feel so bad seeing her like this am really thinking a shouldn't have got her spayed then she wouldn't be going thro this. A feel realy down about it all :( x

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola just pooped for the first time in 4 days after tooth extraction and palate surgery. she's also on antibiotics. so happy to get poop tho.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online