JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Here's Sally the day we picked her up at the shelter on Saturday, May 11th.

And her tonight after getting sick from her rabies shot and not eating for 1.5 days. She's finally eating. Got her Fromm canned food tonight.

Last edited:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Poor darlin'...she needs a steak...or two! :evil:

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Poor darlin'...she needs a steak...or two! :evil:
She needs one of those 72 ounce Texas steaks.... But i'm sure she's drowning in Love already !!! lol, She will do better Jeannie, the Fromm's can food was a great choice to fast track her to eating, along with all she had last night, I'm surprised she's walking today rather than wobbling.... LMBO

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
See, I'm not the one that thinks a steak will do her good! Lol

How wonderful that her tummy has finally settled and her appetite is back. That was quite a scare!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2 :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
CRAP.... can't see pics at work.... will check aagin tonight --- so happy the can food is helping! Eat up Sally, eat up!

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Oh how Colossus enjoys a couple tablespoons of canned food with his kibble. It actually slows his eating down too.

Good to know that Sally is taking to her new furever home! Props to you!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Our babies, all of them, can lose weight so fast.

No steak!! Ok, maybe a nibble when we bbq next. :tease:

She had so much more spunk again this am. She gobbled up her Fromm canned food and some cottage cheese but left the kibble. She even stood up on her two back legs trying to get a Scooby snack this morning, lol. :up:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I buy the canned Fromm Beef Frittata to have on standby. I use it to add to rice for the bland diet when I need to. Is it bad if I say that it actually smells VERY tasty!!!! :blink:

As for the kibble .. maybe try adding a teaspoon of Fromm kibble and stir it well in so that she can't pick around it. Gradually increase the amount of kibble every few weeks!

I'm assuming they checked her teeth at the vets when she went in for a check up to make sure there is nothing that could stop her chewing??

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
wow.....what a difference a day or two of no food makes......sounds like she on the road to recovery...keep up the good work....:)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Ooohhh .. I forgot to add that when we fostered our senior, Tinkerbell, that it was very obvious that her diet had been completely different to what I was going to be feeding her. When the rest of them were all around me begging for their frozen green beans etc she would just look at me if I was trying to poison her. Once she realised that this was it and there were no other treats going to be offered, she just joined right in with the rest of them. I don't think she wanted to feel that she was missing out on something!!!! ;)

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ooohhh .. I forgot to add that when we fostered our senior, Tinkerbell, that it was very obvious that her diet had been completely different to what I was going to be feeding her. When the rest of them were all around me begging for their frozen green beans etc she would just look at me if I was trying to poison her. Once she realised that this was it and there were no other treats going to be offered, she just joined right in with the rest of them. I don't think she wanted to feel that she was missing out on something!!!! ;)

That's exactly how Sally is. I just gave them all a banana outside and she's just like, I'm not eating that. I kept offering it to her when it was her turn though. :up:

I wanted to update everyone. She's eating much better. I decreased her canned Fromm this morning, only a 1/4 cup mixed in with 1/3 cup of kibble, some rice and 1/2 of boiled chicken breast. She ate just about all of it except for about a 1/2 of the kibble & rice mixture. But!!! Yesterday I put 1/2 of kibble in her crate when I went to work and she ate all of it. I will do the same this morning when I leave to go run errands.

She now fully knows that the yum yums come from my hand. Her stool was still soft this morning but it had shape to it.....last night's looked like a cow paddy from all the canned food.

She's getting much more spunkier too. :havemyheart:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
She's getting much more spunkier too. :havemyheart:

Yep ... there's always a honeymoon period then they realise they're not going anywhere and they start to show their true characters!! :heart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.